Saturday, September 11, 2010

DELIGHT


One can see the delight in Sandra's face as she celebrates her 50th birthday will all her family! Randy looks a little in shock in this picture.

I was delighted when Carol and I decided to go for a walk in the forest with Ben and Morgan. Morgan who had not been feeling so good perked right up. We got to the entrance and Ben runs ahead while Morgan holds my hand. We met Panteli on our way but he decided not to join us. Carol was looking after the children while Theresa attended a funeral service for a friend that she went to school with. So sad to hear of her death although we knew she lived a troubled life trying to get free of drugs and picking unhealthy relationships.

Being with the great grand-children is always delightful for me. Yes, also my children and my grandchildren. Morgan wants carefully and daintily through the forest picking up stones and leaves, and sticks of all shapes and sizes. Ben is delighted when he discovers the bike trails and jumps. Right away he wants to come back on his bike.

Meanwhile Rick is delightfully browsing through bookstores to find old treasures. He has always loved books, as do all our children, especially first editions.

Ken and Melina meanwhile off in Australia have little time to read as they now have Matthew and Jazmine to add to their growing family. This includes Jesse, Tyler, Britteny and Hobey. We already have some delightful video of them all and also seen them on skype.

We may go down to Chapters today. Right now I am reading "The Forgotten Garden" a story about a lost child who grows up and searches for her past. I think dad should read "I Shall Not Hate" after reading the "Infidel" which brings out a lot of religious hatred.

Carol is reading a book by Daniel Siegel [not sure of the spelling] about the mind.
Our thoughts do affect our health and our attitude towards life in general. I hope we can transform our thoughts through learning and applying new ideas.

And yet there are people who seem trapped in their mind of darkness and hopelessness.
I have had to accept this even though I would like to think positive thinking can cure all our ills.

First, I will do a few things in the garden. My garden is on a slope and has several big rocks so I have to be very careful. I had one nasty fall last year.
I am delighted to be feeling healthy and happy! !

2 comments:

Pinetreeannie said...

Interesting to hear about your family life Beth..I can read the love in your words. What a lovely family you have...and large. We only have two sons, one daughter-in-law and one grandchild.
Faith, family, music,art, gardening and books are my interests....much the same as yours! In fact I recently read the Secret Garden as well and thoroughly enjoyed it. It started off a little slowly for me, but as I sorted out the various generations and places it was difficult to put it down. The only time I have to read is when I go to bed, after 10 pm and sometimes I read far to late. I am re-reading the Thorn Birds by Collen McCullough, right now and it had me up until 1am. I read it in the 1970's and remembered it as a page turner and that it is!

Not sure if I will be going to church or not as we may go to Winnipeg today. Our church is rather late in the morning ...11:30 and I wish it was earlier as it used to be. Our minister has two churches in her care and she goes to St. Judes in Grand Marais first and then comes to St. Michaels in Victoria Beach. She asked me to teach her music (piano) lessons . I am just setting up my schedule right now and will start the week of the 20th. I love to teach music and you know this will be my 40th year. I passed my ARCT with the Toronto Conservatory at 16. Some of my students then were only a few years younger than me.

My students range in age from 7 to 60. Have a wonderful Sunday doing the things that you like to do.

love,
nancy

Pinetreeannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.