Friday, September 17, 2010

MY OLDEST GRANDSON


Stephen got lots of attention when he arrived on the scene. I remember how Sandra would bring him over to our house and then she and I would go for walks. I was taking over looking after the Donaldson children at that time. So while Brian was in kindergarten we would have our walk.

Stephen is a very hard working, intelligent and responsible young man who is a supervisor for the company in Edmonton that he works for. He is a very snappy dresser also. He thinks he is my favorite and I hope each one of my grandchildren feel like that!

Stephen has a home in Edmonton where he lives with Shawna, who is now a nurse. We love them both and think they have a wonderful future ahead of them. His mom and I wish that might include moving to B.C. but that is doutful but you never know!

Children and grand children and great grandchildren sure change your life. The two youngest are in Melbourne Mathew and Jasmine and Ken and Melina are very sleep deprived as they go through all the teething and stomach upsets and colds that result in loss of a decent nights sleep.

Yes, Sandra you get the prize. I have to trick my computer into putting a second picture on my blog; so I had to wait to put this one on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I know! That would be Stephen. Do I get a prize for knowing before you put the picture up? Sandra

Pinetreeannie said...

Nice picture of you and your grandson Beth. What a large and loving family you have. Our is small but close. We live within four minutes of each other on the old Ateah family homestead land.
Glad you are getting out in your garden these days. I am doing the same, but I am bringing in plants to winter over in the house. We almost had frost here last night and it is coming soon. The geese have almost completed their migration through our area and we think that means an early onset of winter. All signs point to that. We have had fall conditions since the third week of August. Some were wearing their winter parkas yesterday as the wind was strong and the high was only 8 degrees here. Today is not much better! Church tomorrow! Don't forget to lock those doors. We only lock ours when we go to bed at night..BUT we live in a very safe place.
love to you Beth,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thank you Nancy I love hearing about your life.

We are having lots of rain especially in the mornings but it is wonderful when the afternoon brings a little sunshine.

I just discovered your pictures on the inernet and I think they are beautiful and so full of life.

My dad was a painter who was discouraged by his family. He started again when he retired. I am thrilled to have his paintings.

lobe beth