Thursday, September 16, 2010

JUST ME AND THE DUCKS


I choose the right time to walk over to our little pond if I had gone earlier I would have been caught in a heavy shower of rain. Early in the morning there are more people walking around but not many stop to sit on the benches. I think as I am there how very seldom I sit quietly without picking up my prayer list or reading a book or writing in my notebook. The quiet stillness of the water and the calmness of the floating ducks allows the calmness to become apart of me. We carry a lot of emotions within us and some need to come to the surface and be listened to.

I feel that I can take these moments to "let go and let God". I have left the messiness of home and garden knowing they will be waiting for me. Part of spiritual growth is being aware of the needs of others but also my own needs. I am finding more and more I need just a wee nap sometime during the day. This happens to us as we get older.

It has been a good week and I had a good visit at the Nursing Home although it makes me sad that they are locking the doors between the various areas. You cannot come in the side door anymore and for some of the brighter people who know the codes it is unsettling for them. They explain it is new regulations by the health board.

Life changes and we gradually learn to accept the changes. The sacredness of life never changes but moves with us.

No comments: