Friday, September 3, 2010

THANKFULNESS AT SUNSET



The beauty of a sunset is one of the moments when I feel strongly that there is a God. Holding a new born in your arms or feel the warmth of hugs from family and friends are moments that are holy. Faith is to me a life-giving oxygen that reminds me every breath I take is a miracle. I believe! I Believe! I BELIEVE!

I do not see the things that I cannot explain as a threat to what I believe.
I believe in spite of unanawered questions.
I believe when my faith is strong and when doubt knows at the door.

A touch of red glimmering in the sky fills me with hope and with an inner peace.

I have been praying for my friends who I know are praying for others
Unless you have spent time with a prayer burden on your soul you do not understand the heaviness it can cause. The scripture talks about the spirit of Jesus groaning and at times there are no words that we can say.

"Stay awake", Jesus said and I know that prayer is the awareness of the sacred.
In the ordinary things of life, in the lonely suffering for which there can be no end.

Thank you God! Thank you for sharing our burdens and knowing our needs.


I wake up to our own worth as I acknowledge all that I have to be thankful for;
this includes sorrows as well as joys.

1 comment:

Pinetreeannie said...

Beth, very inspiring words that give hope to everyone. To believe it a wonderful gift. I too believe and love these words,,,,,,,,,,,

I believe so I understand.

I don't understand to believe.

lovely red sunset to give us all hope that the morning brings us hope and gifts.