Tuesday, September 7, 2010

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES


What a difference a day makes.

Monday was pouring with rain and Tuesday dawned bright and sunny. The children are all heading back to school and all of a sudden the sidewalks are full of excited and happy children.

One day we were looking forward to our son and grandchildren coming for a awesome family celebration and then all of a sudden they are leaving and last night we had a good-bye supper at Sandra and Randy's with roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. Too bad Rick missed it. So by today they will all have left and life returns to a slower pace; not that I did much but just be present.

One day last June I was told that I may have cancer growing in my colon and that I needed a colonosocpy. No Way. I was able to talk myself and the doctor out of that as he agreed with me it probably was a mistake. Two months later I get the news that all is fine and I am free of cancer. I have thought over this time about how I would deal with it if the news was bad but I firmly believe we are given the strength and courage we need by asking and praying.

So life is full of happiness and sadness, worry and relief and I am learning to cope with each day as it comes. There are many things in our lives we cannot control. There are the family health problems that get past on generation after generation. It is good to know what health problems your parents have had. We have new ways of dealing and treating illness so that is good.

We cannot control the weather and climate change is a big concern. Nature is a powerful force and I can certainly understand the fear that when the heavens thundered people believed it was god expressing his anger.

I have been blessed with hearing the whisper of love that has drawn me into the greatest mystery of all. I am thankful for the words of Jesus and the promises of comfort and strength the Holy Bible gives to me. It would sadden me if I did not have these words to read.

I feel extremely strongly that we should not destroy what others call sacred and holy.

But we need to confront faith that stirs up hatred and mistrust and fear. Reading the Infidel has allowed me to see into the world of Muslim religion. It saddens me to see the life of this young girl poisoned by violence and hatred and male domination.

She fights to keep her spirit alive and leaves her country to discover another world.
I search the scripture to find out how to live each day with love and acceptance.

3 comments:

Pinetreeannie said...

The little girl looks like a fairy princess playing in her garden.
Nice pic again Beth!

Anonymous said...

Great picture of Morgan, I love the movement and little bit of blurryness. It will take a few more days, but yes things will get back to their same old same old pretty quick.
Sandra

Pinetreeannie said...

Beth,so glad that you got a great report from you doctor after all those tests.
I was reading about the colonoscopy that he proposed and guess what? I am prepping today to have one tomorrow.
It's no big deal really. As you know I have celiac too, and it is important to have regular colonoscopies...( gosh is that how you spell it, my spell check doesn't recognize it )because, as a celiac, you are at higher risk of cancer of the colon and lymphoma....so please do have one.
I am fortunate that my family doctor does them at our rural hospital, so it is much more comfortable for me. He has already seen me inside and out!
So tomorrow is the day. Wish me luck. I have to have an endoscopy as well...that I have had before and it is not nearly as difficult as you would think.

Yes life is full of the yins and yangs, always contrasts, but if it was all the same it would be pretty darned boring. I see this when I teach my painting workshops and we all paint the same subject. At the end we line up our paintings and are amazed how different they all are.

Faith, can overcome everything we encounter in life...believing.

I had the wonderful experience of sharing a church service with a group of the "Lost Boys of Sudan" and afterwards I asked one them
( he had a terrible mark of a machete cutting across his whole face ) how they managed to still find God during what they went through and you know what his answer was?
"I had faith that I would wake up in the morning!" They were so inspiring. They held my hands and sang hymns to my in Dinka, and showed me their hymn book written in Dinka. The tears flowed down my face and you know, they are now too, as I write this. It was one of the most moving things to happen to me.
We had a picnic BBQ and went swimming after the service...what joy these people have! The sad thing is, after they come to Canada, they often are locked in to jobs that pay such poor wages and many long for more training or want to go to university. I was glad to see that Ruben, their minister is now going to university.

Blessings to you Beth and keep up the wonderful inspiring writing.
You are a great writer!

Love Nancy