Thursday, September 9, 2010

THE UNKNOWN


For some strange and unknown reason my computer is again refusing to put on browse so I can find my pictures.

I will try later but I do not have a lot of time this morning as Rick will soon be up and may want to use my computer and then we will go for a walk.

Carol came over last night and we where talking about the brain. Two nights before I had the results of the C.T. Scan I had a pain in the side where the growth was thought to be. Now I know it is not there, but I think my brain was preparing me to accept that something was there. I had been find until these last two nights and I believe it was the brain bringing the fear into a reality. I was thinking well I have to face whatever they have found.

Spiritually I think there is a part of our brain that we can open up and experience a sense of the sacred. Reading, praying and especially meditating are the ways I am able to do this. Some people experience fear of the unknown as they surrender prayerfully and quietly to this what I would describe as God breathing upon us. This experience can vary at times being very powerful but at times just an inner peace. The shadow of doubt is removed and the light rests upon us!

Song who it has seemed to me taken a very intellectual view of religion concludes in his book "Eternal Life" is that we need to move beyond self-consciousness into a deeper universal consciousness which moves us beyond the limits of religion. Religion has taught that
1. God is a supernatural being that can do for me what I cannot do for myself.

2. That the self-conscious human life is alienated from the supernatural being and that overcoming this alienation with some form of atonement is necessary.

His thoughts are that we turn from "a delusional world of religion into a religionless world of a new humanity."
"This is when we are forced to conclude that purpose is what we give to life, meaning is what we invest in life and the hope of something beyond the grave is only a childest dream."

Our destiny is to understand what it means to be created in the image of God "with an increasing awareness that we are apart of what God is and that we are at one with all that God is."

Only then can we discover the transcendental reality.

I believe that slowly as we search for the truth we will see more clearly into the unknown and agree that earth is the doorway into eternity that we call heaven.

"Jesus was the life in whom a new consciousness appeared, beckoning and empowering us to be something we could not even dream of being."

"This is what the story of the resurrection is all about. He is the way and the truth and the life because he was confined by religious thought but truth is timeless and a gift that we can all find in our own way if we are open especially to the mystical. Imagination is a wonderful spiritual gift that allows the mind the freedom to see beyond the facts into the mysterious.

I am writing this and I have to rethink what I am saying but I know that the unknown can become more like a vision of the impossible that is real and alive with potential.

Jesus taught that the enemy we need to conquer is within ourselves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I did not get to come over last night, as it was I cleaned till after 8 and never even had supper as I was too tired to eat by then. Mitch will be at our house for supper tonight and Randy is making curry if you want to come by. I am going to the dentist at 4:30 so I would think not till 5:30. Call me later.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sounds good to me. Rick is leaving about 2.

I think we are going for a walk at 8:30.

I will call you.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Very deep stuff today, requiring thought . Thanks for sharing. Jane.