Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A CLOSE CALL

Things were looking a little grim Sunday night and I wondered if we would make it to the morning.
I checked each bathroom and moved a roll from one to another.  That was just the kind of day it was!

Now it is time to dig out our fan, hope that was not one of the things we gave away.  I can't seem to find summer clothes so that is a good excuse to go shopping.  Didn't  quite feel up to it today.  Good day to do some work in the garden, cutting the grass and watering.

I was thinking today about what qualities I value in other people.  Why do we fall in love with the people we trust with our happiness?  How well do we really know each other?  They say love is blind and I think in many ways it is. 

Everything would be fine until some added stress comes along and although opinions can be expressed people very seldom change their minds.    Have we really the same hopes and dreams and what about our fears?

I know I have a bad habit of being sarcastic if I think it is funny and it is something that I am becoming more aware of.  It can be easier to be kind to an acquaintance than some one you feel close to and expect understanding and compassion.  I have found that happiness was different than I expected and when you work through "issues" that take time (years) it is worth it in the end.  This is a process of discovering more about our own selves.  Wisdom tells us that we all really know the answer to our problems within our own minds and hearts,  I am getting ready to read the next chapter in Karen Armstrong"s book on empathy.

This morning I am hunting for the tennis ball the children lost in my front garden.

At noon the great car exchange happens as Panteli drives to Craig's at noon and then Craig will drive him to the airport and have the car for several weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you will be shopping with a purpose. I find mindless shopping quite perplexing. I walked through a lot of stores while on vacation but with out a specific goal in mind it just kind of irritates me. I see things that are nice, but do I need them? Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Glad you made it through Sunday night! Waited to see my doctor for 1 hour and 35 minutes today...but worth it because he is such a good doctor. His office is on the Indian Reserve about 25kms from here. It is Sagkeeng First Nation and they all were so excited because three of their band members just won Canada has Talent on television. $100,000 and other prizes. They came in first place. They jigged...but I missed the show. Nice weather out your way? Love, Nancy