Saturday, May 5, 2012

FAITH

A flower is such a delicate thing of immense beauty.  It seems strange to see all the tress and flowers blooming even in the cold days that have made up this spring.  Woke up with very little desire to do anything; even thought of going back to bed.

Going for a walk in the fresh morning with my camera gave me a start.  I only did half my walk even though I had started up with good intentions.  I met my little bunny rabbit but the streets were very quiet.  How dare they be lazy when I am out and about!  But even the little bunny was a sign for me that I was not alone!

Bunk beds remind me of when dad made great bunk beds for our children.  One long board at each corner to keep them together.  As you can imagine with our four monkeys repeatedly jump and climbing the beds started swaying until they were looking very unstable.  Dad thought a support in the middle would be a great idea but was too busy to do it.

There is a time in the tides of even house wife's when patience ends.  I got the saw, never sawed a thing in my life; but the situation looked grim and I could picture the bed completely collapsing.
So I did it!  I sawed them in two.  Dad was annoyed and I made a crooked job but sometimes a person just has to do what they have to do.

Faith lives inside of us all, whether it is faith in ourselves, in our future, in the presence of the sacred in the ordinariness of daily life.  I pray and the One listens and then faith will move me into action.  It is like receiving energy from a battery.

Faith speaks out of the eyes that see into the heart of another with empathy and grace; but also helps me be honest about myself.  Learning to forgive is one of life's hard lessons and that can be first forgiving yourself.

Friends who listen lovingly but know that they do not have to solve your problems.  Neither does God.

"We are lead to God by reverence, not the reverse.  It's the act of reverence itself that we encounter whatever it is we call God."  -Augustine.  Calming your mind and imagine the seed of faith opening within as we breath in slowly aware of only ourselves and mysteriously inwardly we are transformed.

Beliefs change around us, within us, within our churches but a faith that is rock solid is a faith in a Higher Power who is alive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beds complete . Now Melina thinks they are too high. She could have point. I don't remember dads attempt at bunk beds , but I am sure we could have done some damage to them in a short time.
Ken

Anonymous said...

I remember the beds, both when they were together and appart. Had a horrible sleep last night, fingers crossed we do better tonight. Hope your weather warms up.It is finaly getting warmer here. Sandra