Sunday, May 27, 2012

REVIVAL

Yes, in the good old days it was a cup of tea to revive the soul and bring comfort.  Some may like a stronger drink for me it is coffee or tea.  I was going to call this blog disappointment , changed my mind,  by calling it revival I realize what a difference a day can make.  I had an excellent long walk in the morning and so thankful for the shady trees on the last several blocks.  Encouraging words on my blog helps so much.   I have to learn to meet disappointments with faith in myself and hope in the future.  After all this is Pentecost Sunday and what an awesome event; tongues of fire on each head and every language filling the space.  God's fantasy was that all should hear and believe the good news!

Good people, even religious well meaning people complete make a mess of things.  I think of all the good, reassuring, calmimg presence some of the elderly in my family and in my church, that have passed on to me, leaving me a legacy of hope.   I think of the miracles that have happened in our lives and I know we have been very fortunate and blessed beyond our deepest desires.  There have been difficult times in the past where I could have handled things better but that is water under the bridge.

Would Moses have been disappointed if he had been able to enter the promised land?  Could this land ever have  lived up to his dreams?  We face many disappointments in life and hopefully compassion is the fruit that rewards us.  Even Moses was leading a generation, two generations younger than him, and they had different ideas, and he must have been worn out with their complaining.  I think that Moses was quite content to have gone as far as he did. 

Saturday morning we were off to Ben's soccer game and had great fun finding it until we found the right address.  It was a perfect day sitting in the shade chatting to Theresa and Robbie and Chuck, the other grand parents.  Ben plays so hard and we were so pleased when he got a goal.  The drive home seemed extra long and tiring but we sure enjoyed out time there,

Had a wee nap and visited my lonely neighbor who is so appreciative. 

The air in the evening was so inviting I did a bit of pulling weeds and cutting the grass. 

A very good day!

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Glad you changed your title from Disappointment to Revival...good to know you are in good spirits...especially on Pentacost Day. Have you heard about the new book on the market, which tells the true story about an American serviceman who was captured and suffered terrible atrocities in a Japanese prison of war camp. He had nightmares for many years and one day, while at a Billy Graham revival, heard the message that forgiveness was truly freeing oneself....and once he did that he never had another nightmare. How he found the strength to forgive what happened I will never know...but he did!
The name of the book is Unbroken and the author is Laura Hillenbrand. She also wrote Sea Biscuit, which was a great movie. Have you watched it? Anyway, I am going to look for her new book...they interviewed the fellow who was captured, on the telly this morning and he is pretty elderly now, but very interesting. The author is a recluse and unavailble for interviews. Stormy day here, winds are blowing blossoms everywhere in swirls. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Yes Nancy I read that book and had it but gave ut away. i should read it again probably can get it from the library.

It is amazing how one can change from one day to the next.

It was cool and windy here but not stormy. love beth

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had some nice weather.
Ken