Tuesday, May 22, 2012

GRAY

Yesterday another cool wet gray looking morning greated my eyes as I look out the window.  A lovely quiet time to find the stillness within myself.  A day to bake some bread in my new loaf pan that is especially good for bread making.  I need all the help I can get.  A good day to do some sewing which I keep putting off because it seems like such a chore.

  Maybe I can finesh my novel so we can go off to the library.

A day like  this can be a gift to the creative spirit.
 Woodsworth found it a good time to write and reflect.

"When from our better selves we have too long
Been parted by the hurrying world, and droop
Sick of it's business, of it's pleasures tired,
How gracious, how benign is Solitude.

Or
"How shall I seek the origin? where find
Faith in the marvelous things which then I felt?
Oft in these moments such a holy calm
Would overspread my soul. . . . . .
to find the spirit of religious love
In which I walked with Nature,"

I enjoy the peace of solitude which allows the joy of being alive to penetrate my thoughts.
It is a time to be myself free of the expectations of others, free to daydream.
 I am alone and yet I am not alone as the silence is full of peace.  It is not empty.

There are so many problems and so little one can do about them.

I went for a walk in the rain with my friend.  We go the same route.  After her husband died she did not have the motivation to go for walks as it was something they did together.  So it has been very helpful for her, especially having some one to talk to.

Dad tried walking late in the day and only got to the end of our street when his hip pain got excoriating and he barely made it home again.  I am reminded again that to be able to walk and move is a miracle and I should never take it for granted.

The news in the Australian paper does not look good about Quantas.  Evidently a lot of people are being laid off.  Sometimes I think the whole world is crazy.  To be able to work at a job seems to be something to be so thankful for.  I was brought up to believe that savings were very important but that is not so now.


 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear dad was not able to go for a walk. It must be very frustating for him when he has just started to enjoy watershed park walks on his own. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Too bad about dads hip. Hope when the weather warms up it will improve. Yes we are moving our heavy maintence work to brisbane. It is no shock , we were told months ago about this move..
Ken

Anonymous said...

I've never noticed this being a savings sort of family. Certainly I'm not. I've got nothing against savings in a sort of abstract, philosophical way, it just never seems to develop into more than that.

Love,

Anonymous said...

Rick