Thursday, May 17, 2012

THE GOLDEN RULE

I have never seen salmon here but the signs say this is where they swim.
Not a good picture but I am afraid of messing with this blog thing right now.

There were no cats waiting for me this morning.

I was completely annoyed and frustrated when my blog did not publish and I could not get sign in at all.  It takes energy and thought when I write this silly thing so it is important to me.  I would say that I was possessed with a spirit of depression. 


The Golden rule seems easy but in fact is the hardest thing to do in life and certainly takes self-knowledge, empathy and compassion.  We tend to use our own feelings as a guide to understanding others.  It is important for me that I first look for the good qualities in some one else and try not to dwell upon their flaws as I hope they will not dwell on mine.

It is true that I have to take responsibility for my mistakes.  I am getting forgetful especially about birthdays but now I forget that I have forgotten which helps with the guilt.  It is useless to feel bitter about the negative emotions in my life and the life of others.  As human beings we all feel anger, frustration, annoyance and even contempt at times, for ourselves and for others.  Behind these emotions lurks the darkness of fear that I may be in denial about.

If we think to much we can be fearful of the future.  There is the fear of old age, the fear of pain and the loss of mobility and Independence and deepest of all is the fear of our own emotions.

Our speakers are working very well although it took time to get use them.  We would be turning the T.V. down forgetting it was the speakers that needed to be adjusted.  I like them because you can have one on and not the other.  Music sounds especially amazing.

Dad went and had his cortisone shot in his hip today and took it easy but he did a good job getting my blog working.

I went visiting but just had short visits.  Getting my energy back slowly.

No comments: