Wednesday, May 23, 2012

IMPROVEMENT

                           Uri plays a game with dad at the birthday party, puts his hat on his head.

There was some improvement in dad's feet and hip so he was able to have a walk in the Water shed Park.  This lifted both are spirits.  He also picked up some groceries on the way home which I appreciated.

Their was a great improvement in the weather as the rain had finally stopped and  later in the afternoon the sun actually peaked out of hiding.  We decided to go to Zeller's for breakfast and then on to the library.  Dad reads magazines while I look for D.V.D's and books.  I also met an old friend from our last church and I am continually reminded of all the good friends we have made going to various churches.

Monday was a crazy day for me.  I knocked on Gundy's door and there was no answer so I thought since it was raining she did not feel like going.  I get about three blocks on and Gundy arrives by car.
She had not gotten dressed and ready thinking I would not go.  As she stood at the corner looking for me a neighbor picked her up and volunteer to drive her to where I was.

Even though it was raining I cut the lawn and did some weeding.  At least I did not water like our famous Uncle Bucky in Saskatoon used to do.  It was either do that or clean house and move furniture

I was excited about using the new pan to make my bread but to my horror after I put it in the oven, and waited for it to rise, which it did not, I realized that I forgot to put the yeast in.

I was determined to finish reading my book but dozed off instead.

I am sure no matter what I do their will be an improvement next time.  The pan was great.  These are only a few crazy things that happened that day!

The weather in Melbourne can go down to 0 degrees I believe.  The average right now in their fall is 14 but Ken can correct me.

I use to take different routes on my walks but not so much anymore.  I have a short one, a medium one and a long route.  I like walking with some one and also enjoy walking alone when you can really appreciate what you are seeing, hearing and smelling. 



Even one can be a handful!  Same age as Jasmine!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, that is too bad you forgot the yeast, I was interested to hear if it actually made a difference. Stephen called me and wanted me to rush out and get you the book Wheat Belly. I kept trying to explain to him that you allready knew all this but he was just so excited to find out all the evils of wheat he wanted me to get it any ways. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Sunny and hot here in St.Catharines. My parents' neighbour has loaned me his bike, so I am getting in some pretty good rides here. Not sure if you guys heard, but the Cayman's have been getting rains of biblical proportions for the last 3 days or so, with lots of road flooding and they even closed all of the schools! Looks like I picked the right time to go off island!

Panteli

Anonymous said...

Yes winter in Melbourne is usually low of 5c , high of 14c. Spring starts in September. But it seems be getting later in the year with global warming . Just like Vancouver our seasons have changed. The wind is the killer here though, with the chill factor it can be around 1c at noon.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Gosh, I bet you were all set to taste that bread, hot out of the oven! I have done some funny things too, but don't like to admit it...so I will only tell you. Interesting to hear about the weather in Melbourne..pretty mild, considering what we have in Manitoba. I would think the cold winds would come from the south rather that north. Thunderstorms last night and today here.

Anonymous said...

That was nice that somebody gave Gundy a ride. The neighbourhood sort of acting like a neighbourhood, if you see what I mean.

Love,

Rick