Thursday, May 3, 2012

SUNSHINE

Wishful thinking!  We did have a bit of sunshine just a few days ago in the afternoon.  It sure changes the whole day.





A good day to go our for a walk and wave to all the friendly car drivers!
But it really is a very dull dreary day and both dad and I feel dreary, even though we talk about doing things we do not actually do it.  I head off to visit at the Nursing Home where Jim is feeling very miserable.  I ask if anything new has happened.  Well, he tells me the gold fish has died.  I struggle to make conversation but he is very negative and I can understand why.  He is getting weaker and more forgetful.  He always give me a wave as I leave and thanks me for coming.

Human spirituality is the discovery that there is more to live than we can see or even think.

Reverence can be expressed in the joy of being alive and conquering fears and failures.  There is beauty if we look for it and especially in times of worship one can feel like angels are present.  The prayer candles waiting to be lit, the music that sings within and around us, the art and flowers expressing more than words humbles us.

The words of the past from scripture bring light into our lives today, and surrounded by loving friends we feel blessed.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The weather here is cold and wet also. Looks like Sunday Monday should be sunny and warmer.
Ken