Thursday, May 3, 2012

SUFFERING

Suffering is a part of life but certainly some suffer a lot more than others.  "When we contemplate the suffering we see on a global scale, we may be embarrassed by the triviality of our own but it is real to us nevertheless"  K.A.

Dad and I both are not walking as good as we use to/  Others have noticed I walk with a limp but I have no pain.  Dad of course has a lot of pain in his feet, knees and hips.  He can hardly walk and losses his balance easily.

I sent him to the doctor with a list of symptoms that I felt needed to be discussed.  At least the doctor took more notice of him and sent him for an x-ray and blood tests.  He has a new medication that may help the pain, of course he does not like taking pills.

Yes, I think prayer will help a lot!

I know that I can look back on my life and see events that were painful.  The negative thing about these memories is that I find I have deep feelings of bitterness but the positive thing is that hopefully I can be more sympathetic with others.

"We know that nothing lasts, every thing is imperilment, even our most intense moments of joy!

I, like everyone, will face and am facing some of the humbling aspects of getting older.  Suffering includes many things; like being separated from loved ones, being forced to be with others who can be irritating, and certainly not getting what we want especially if we feel we deserve it is hard to bear.

Food for thought: "We are often the cause of some of our own misery."

But then are the special times that come along too.  We enjoyed having Theresa and Ben and Morgan for supper and then went to watch is lacrosse game.  Morgan was so excited it was dark when she came outside!

Theresa is having a week-end away with her best friend and it is paid for.  She is taking pictures at a wedding today so she has a busy time before she leaves.

Pantili will be keeping the dogs and cats out of trouble as he looks after their home and garden while they have a holiday away. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad I did not get to come and watch Ben play. But there was the packing and laundry to do unfortunately. It is so hard to take pills all the time, they never seem to help and just often have other unpleasant side affects. I am taking all the pills I have been given for me hips, figure we will be doing a lot of walking and I just might want some relief at night. Sandra

Shandel said...

sorry to hear that Grampa is feeling pain. I dont like to take medication either...sometimes we need it sometimes we dont. Have either of you thought or maybe looked into trying some acupuncture? i have heard wonderful things about it and have only tried it once myself a couple of years ago. If needles are not a concern for you i highly suggest it. it has been known to help with many aliments. it has been very gloomy here the past couple weeks. but at least no SNOW! lol
have a good day. sending you positive healing energy xoxo

beth bennett said...

..thank you Shandel.
Larry did try acupuncture but it did not seem to help. He is not happy about this medication but it has helped others with this condition.

It is very gloomy here today too.

We will miss Sandra and Randy but hope they have a wonderful time.

Going to the lacrosse game lifted all our spirits. Ben played well and Morgan is a lot of fun. She does not sit still but likes to wander around and even sat across the rink from us.

Thank you we appreciate your thoughtfulness. love beth