Sunday, May 13, 2012

MOTHERHOOD

Dad and I had a restful day.  I had lunch in the back yard and watched the mother and father bird fly in with worms.  In and out they went never stopping.

I think that deep within most mothers who love their children there is a mother bear instinct to be in control of all the children learn and all that influences their young ones.  I know I wanted to keep my children safe but also free. but I have learned that this is pretty impossible.  They learn from their friends, from teachers and from family. 

I very much missed my mom being more apart of my life as a mother and in the lives of my children.

A lot is expected of mothers in this day and age which can make their lives stressful and exhausting.

As parents we ourselves possess gifts that we want to pass on to our children and grandchildren and great grandchildren.  When children start to ask questions then it is a sign they are ready to learn.  I know that I have made mistakes doing what I thought was best and trying to share what gave my life not only meaning but a hope and a sense of God's unconditional love.

Panteli is taking us out for a Mother's lunch today which I am looking forward to

 I was blessed with the dearest mom in the world.


Thank you Melina and Ken for the lovely g;uten free basket of goodies.  Wonderful!!  I will be into very soon.  Hope Melina and her mom enjoyed the day especially chocolate roses!
Happy Mother's day to mom's and to dad;s! 



Dad has put speakers by our chairs now so we can hear better.  Great job!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do the new speakers help?

Nana was very sweet.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Have learned alot from you two.
Happy mothers day Gramma.
Hope all is well. See you in few months. Love Kimberly

nancy-Lou said...

Mother's day made me think of the Mom's who have gone to their reward too...and also for those ladies who are not Mom's like my daughter-on-law....who is so sweet to me. So lucky to have her and our two sons.They gave me a gluten free cookbook that looks great The Cooking Light Gluten Free Cookbook.

Glad to know your weather is better now and the birds are doing their thing. I watched 13 male Baltimore Orioles at a bird feeder this afternoon. They must be migrating through and stopped at this house. The home owners put out grape jelly and sliced oranges to attract them. My son took a video of them and if it turns out I will upload it to facebook. Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes the new speakers work.