Saturday, May 26, 2012

FANTASIES

  
                                Fantasies are a part of who we are and who we wish to become. 

Some dream of wealth and riches.
I feel rich because I know that I have more than enough.

Some dream of far away places and wild adventures.
I love my home and where I live.

Some dream of warm enchanted islands in the sun.  My dad loved Hawaii and always felt so good when they had two vacations there.
I feel happy in the sunshine and in the rain as long as I have my long underwear to keep me warm.

Some like a good argument.
Not me but it is so easy to be drawn into them and then I like to win!

Some would love to spend everyday gardening.
I love the flowers and greenness of the lawn and
 the sweet smell of phlox and lilacs and freshly cut grass.

Some like to travel high above in a plane soaring above the clouds into the blue sky above.
I loved to ride on the train and as as we flew by little farms and small towns I would try to pretend what it would be like to live there.  I loved having time to daydream and enjoy the different landscape as we travel from prairie to the mountains.  Even having a packed lunch was exciting!

Some are happy to be ignorant of other faiths and cultures and political ideas.
I would like to learn more.

"Wheresoever ye turn, there is the face of Allah."
This is the philosophy of Muid ad-Din ibn al-Arabia (1165-1240) and I believe that it is also the philosophy of Jesus expressed in many of his stories.  Especially the about who is your neighbor.
How tragic to read about the crusades, inquisitions and persecutions in His Name.

I was very disappointed in my gardening progress.  Dad helped with trimming and a little grass cutting but I look at the garden and it seems like unending hard work.  Discouraged seeing very little results.  I admitt I am no spring chicken because I feel more like an old hen instead!
Start trimming the end of the back today.

Dad is happier with his improvement and we hope it continues.

Sandra and Randy have done an awesome job.  What hard workers!

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Simple values..contentment with what you have in life and an inquiring mind...a wise woman you are Beth! I would hope that I too, think as you do....but I have to work at it. We could have a "hen party" when we finally meet...I was going to say "old hen party" but didn't want to insult you! I am feeling like an "old hen" this evening after working in the garden all day. BUT it is finally looking almost done..just some seed potatoes to plant and some zinnias I grew from seed. Time for a good soak in the tub. Watch out for those rocks in your garden, love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks great. Watch the cycling today. Tour of Italy . Ryder Hesjedal could win it all. Live at 5am your time. Very exciting.
Ken.

Anonymous said...

Yes Ken dad turned it on as soon as he got up and it was exciting especially when the Canadian won.
They are amazing atheletes.

m. J. IS RUNNING IN THE MAEAAATHON TODAY AND MARY IS DOING A HALF MARATHON.

I am writing on dad's computer and I mess it up.

love mom