Saturday, May 19, 2012

Fantastic

Yes, my fantastic husband was able to get me reinstated on my blog.  So I am so happy to be back in action again and waiting for your comments.  I feel safer expressing my opinions on here than on face book and I was thinking how important it is to think we are being heard.

Walking with my friend Gundy I realized today, I am a slow learner, that it is not the walk but that she has some one to express her opinions with and her experiences too.  She has become a good friend.

Nancy-Lou it has been so good getting to know you.  I do hope this week-end is a peaceful one at your place with no fires.  Everything is quiet on our street.  One of our neighbors has gone to open up their cabin at the lake.  The young boys are involved in baseball tournaments so not playing road hockey so much right now.  That is how their ball laned in my garden from playing hockey.  Another neighbor is painting the trim on his house as they have just put it up for sale.  They are such a great family of four small boys so we will miss them when they move.  Houses do seem to be selling right now which is usual for the spring.

Did not feel too spring like this morning with a cold wind blowing on our backs as we walked.  I came home and decided to tidy up my computer room where paper and junk just seems to find its home here.  Dad went to the bank and did some shopping and by the time we had a late lunch it was too late to do anything or go anywhere.

Making room for what I need and getting rid of junk is a good rule also for the spiritual.  Yes, I have had to look at what I have learned growing up, evaluate it, and get rid of the junk that clutters up your mind, and make room for new ideas.  These too have to be evaluated.  The journey from childhood faith to an adult faith can seem treacherous and unreal at times.  I have read that one must come to a place of complete doubt but for me that would mean being in the bleak state of atheism and what for me would be a state of meaninglessness and emptiness. 

It is important to gain an adult understanding of religious language.  A language expressed in myth story, symbols, images, etc; which contain messages for us to learn from and live by.  What they did in much of the old testament they did to survive and out of the belief in a warrior God of Thunder and judgment. 

I am completely convinced that imagination is a spiritual gift along with intuition, the subconscious and all that we see and hear and smell around us.  The wonderful and fantastic thing about this is that this spiritual life is open to the simplest and the most sophisticated.

K. Armstrong says that it is important to take time to step "outside" the egoistically centered self and be open to a wider reality.  Sometimes I wonder to myself "now where did that thought come from"?

She suggests that it is egotism that makes us identify with one opinion rather than another, become quarrelsome and unkind, say this could not mean that, and think we have a duty to change others to suit ourselves.  Varitiy is the spice of life!

Plato said that truth flashes upon the soul, like a flame kindled by a leaping spark, and nourishes and strengthens us individually but this cannot always be put into words.  The object is to create a new Authentic Self which is very difficult.

I was so thrilled to find the avocado that Kim had made for Oliver and left here for me to give to him and I looked and looked and could not find it.  So I asked Oliver are you sure I did not give it to you?
He was sure I had not.  So there is was in a little yoga bag hanging quietly in the cupboard and I never thought of looking inside until yesterday.  So happy it finally turned up.

We have no plans for today just see what we feel like doing.

Too bad the green color does not show up that well.  Inside was a little shark tooth bracelet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have finished my run of early shifts. It is Sunday here. I was planning on Skype ing you ?
Ken

Anonymous said...

Plato - now there's trouble!

Love,

Rick