Friday, May 18, 2012

Normal

I think there is a special grace that comes with even a very ordinary life. 
I understand now why older people seem to need this feeling of security and peace that comes with a daily routine.

I also like to know what I believe so that my faith can have a firm foundation.  One of our greatest challenges is sorting through the old beliefs and finding the spirit still breathing into new words of revelation.  It is exciting to relearn what you have grown up knowing through the eyes of science
and the discoveries that others have made and share as we learn through questioning.

What really was a minor inconvenience with my computer was very upsetting for me.  Words that others have said have touched my life in so many ways I want to be a part of the flowing interchange of words and ideas.  It helps give me a feeling of worth.

I have been reading some heavy stuff like the Palestinian and Israeli problems and now about the slave trade bringing blacks to England.  "Liberty was sacred but only when it favored the owners."  The slaves had no rights at all.  Slavery has a very dark and brutal past and it's existence feeds on one race feeling superior to another.

A massive western red cedar at a Provincial Park on Vancouver Island was stolen; it happened in a very remote parks on the island.  It was 800 years old.  It is hard to believe that people could and do such a thoughtless deed presumably for money.

1 comment:

nancy-Lou said...

Yes, me too....I am all for routine. The older I get the more I like sameness. Today is a day in the garden and there I feel close to God, with nature all around. It is such an exciting time of year isn't it? We are bracing for the "onslought" of the seasonal cottagers this long weekend and the highway is crazy already. I hope they abide by the no fires temporary by law as it is really dry. Almost losing our home once to a forest fire, was enough! Have a relaxing weekend Beth and Larry, Love, Nancy