Tuesday, September 24, 2013

CONFESSIONS


DSCN4653

                                                Didn’t you know you should phone first.
                                            At least there was someone there to greet us.


DSCN4649
DSCN4650

My hope is that the heart of our relationships with all our children will remain strong even as dad and I go through the aging process.  Dad and I are so very thankful that we are alert enough to enjoy meeting our two newest great grandchildren. 

The future may call for engaging in difficult truths.  Aging is not only about your age but about the stress and anxieties and illness that one has had earlier  in their lives.  We know what it was like seeing our own parents grow old and also now going through sad and difficult times with friends.
 
I had a short walk this morning before the heavier rain and dad actually had two bike rides.  The first was short as it rained on him.  Later the sun came out and he had a farther ride which was almost too far.  I had several trips to the store and when I went to get dad's prescription filled had to confess I had been taking it too.  We both take the same prescription but I have not renewed it for awhile.  The druggist noticed the pills had been used up too quickly so I thought if I confessed he would refill it.  He will at the full price.  I will get it straightened out to-morrow.  Getting in to see the doctor is extremely difficult and then there is all the waiting when you get there.

I think I hear some one sighing.

Confessions means a open heart and a generous spirit in all our relationships. It is not about power of one person over another but an equal freedom to express how you feel.  The most important thing is to keep a sense of humor with our failing memory and loss of bladder control, to mention a few.  Every time a new person asks me at the Seniors home asks me how I like living there I just laugh  and say well I do not actually live here just yet.

All weekend I have been looking for a book that I was sure I owned but just now realized it was one I had borrowed from the library.  I was fortunate I could go and take it out again.

Dear God, I know that I have done wrong , forgive me and will do my best to correct my error.
Help me to strengthen things out.
I give to you Lord my mind, my spirit, my love, my pain and sorrows, my joys and my questions, my fears and my hopes and ask for a clearer vision for this day.
I pray for myself and for my family and for others.

"Our concern must be to live while we are alive. . . .to release our inner selves from the spiritual death that comes with living behind a facade designed to conformed to eternal definitions of who and what we are."   -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
 
Maybe this quote is better; "Be happy like a child for no reason
because if you are happy for a reason it can be taken from you."  -D. Chopra

Dad and I are off to the dentist this morning.  Dr. Patterson phoned he wants to talk to me and I do not like the sound of that.  Dad is getting his teeth cleaned.  I will go get dad's pills.

Dad has written on his blog and is taking pictures I will put the pictures on later.


1 comment:

Sandra said...

Yes, you most definitely heard a sigh! Was it raining yesterday? I need to get a good set of rain clothes to see me through my winter walks in the morning. Peanut is actually getting the idea that she is allowed to stop and sniff. Things are starting to settle a bit at home. Such a stressful time to moving, glad that Randy survived as he worked so hard. Sandra