Monday, September 9, 2013

THE FOOL

P9082471
I was the first one up to light a candle in thanksgiving for new life.
Dad and I are so happy and proud of baby Lincoln and his mom and dad.  This makes five great grandchildren!  We have been so blessed.  What a joy to share this new arrival born into such a loving family.  Yes each one of us is a sacred gift that brings new love as well as new life and there is for each one of us the excitement that we feel like we were the first to ever have this amazing experience!

I felt like such a fool when I held the microphone up side down.  I was then shown the right way although,  my voice carries well so I do not really need it.
I had been for my early morning walk.
P9072451
I take time just to see the wonder and beauty especially of these great old trees.
P9072458
I slide down on my bum to clean out some garbage that was going to end up in the creek.
P9072456
I must have looked like a fool but thankfully no one was looking.

Our Sunday afternoon intimate and small discussion group was interesting as usual.  Dad and I have not gotten the book, either from the library or book store.  My brain is feeling slow and resisting studying.  I seem to just want to sleep more.  But still cannot sleep in in the morning.

Drena was mentioning that at the Langley Farmer's market people where lined up to take a tour through the old heritage church.  One lady wanted to just sit and absorb the atmosphere and I think that that is a big part of being in church.  It is being in a space of quiet reflection.

Dad has been putting songs off C.D.'s unto a stick thing for the car.  Very patiently as it was very hard and time consuming. C.D.s are going to be a thing of the past so they say, but also so are books.  I still like my books.

Had a short visit from Carol and Panteli on the way to the movie.  Maybe we will go this afternoon.


 I feel like a fool when I constantly lose or misplace things.  And I do not like it! Okay so I can learn to accept it.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

We move on Friday the 13th. Got out and did a bit of shopping yesterday, the new parents got a playYARD for Lincoln to sleep in downstairs. We had Cameron and Shandel and Mitch over for supper. Lincoln is good, getting use to being out of the tummy. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Carol and I saw The Butler. It is a very good movie about raccism in the USA with lots of good actors.
Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, Don't be so hard on yourself! We all loose car keys and forget things.As seniors, we need to simplify our lives and accept those things which we cannot do anymore. I know it is hard to do, but we have had to do a lot of this in the last few months and somehow things are much more calm and easy now. We still have busy times, with appointments etc...but just kicking back and saying ...hey, I am a senior, I can do what I want now, is GOOD! Also realizing that you cannot do some things now and need help is important...hiring people to do what you used to and asking family for help too. Don't be too proud! Acceptance is the key word! Change is good! Love Nancy

Anonymous said...

Don't tell Dad that you slide down the bank of the stream to pick up garbage or he will never let you walk alone.
Ken