Wednesday, September 18, 2013

RAIN OR SHINE

P9162533

                                 Yes I still go for my walk, rain or shine, dark or light, long or short.

P9162540
Still so many beautiful flowers that catch each drop.
As I stop to take a picture my heart slows down and all seems still around me.  There is so much beauty in creation it fills the mind with wonder and the soul with stillness and calm. 

'Life comprises both the ordinary and extraordinary moments when we need to be still to imagine and dream and nurture ourselves."  -Ed Bacon.

“Our lives are like a house.  Some people are  allowed on the lawn, some onto the porch, some even get inside to the kitchen and yes really intimate relationships into the bedroom.”   -Louise Penny
P9162542
Our lives can appear almost perfect on the outside but unless I can be open emotionally no one will really get to know me.  I often find if I share something the other person will have felt just the same way.

Thankfully I am not alone in forgetting what I was going to say even in mid sentence!

My goal is not to react to life with anxiety or fear and not to react badly when things do not go my way. I welcome the different people into my life and a few into my heart!  Each day there needs to be time to grow in compassion and see the learning even in  the set backs.  And learn to be patient with this darn computer.

Good job dad is such a good help!

Dad helped me put the pictures of Lincoln on but the writing disappeared.

Dad went on a long bike ride through the forest and over to the pond so he had some great exercise and met some interesting people, which is also very important.

I washed a lot of things to take to Value Village so maybe we will do that today.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I have been walking the dogs in the morning before work, It is just as nice as I pictued it would be. It makes such a difference being in a heighbourhood where owners live in the houses instead of renters. Though, pretty sure the house right next door might be renters. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Good for you and taking time to write on my blog too.
Hope the traffic is not so bad this morning.
Love mom

Shandel said...

good for you Sandra! walking the dogs daily is such a good benefit for you as it is for them. The mind body and soul needs good walks. I love that you walk every day gramma, rain, shine, dark or light. You are very inspiring. through your writing, your wisdom and your pictures.

nancy-Lou said...

I too like to walk ever day...but my blind dog Dinty, is happy to walk away...but refuses to turn around and come home..resulting in me having to carry him. Good thing he only weighs 15 lbs. I too admire your faithfulness, Beth, both to your daily walks and blog as well as to your faith. I wish I had such dedication! I try. Nice pics of the pine needles with drops of rain on them.AFter doctor visits and xrays yesterday, it looks like my husband will be having his 7th joint replacement or fusion...this time to his ankle. The previous surgery has now failed and he is having pain and difficulty walking. Take care Beth, love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Sorry to hear about more painful procedures for your husband Nancy.
I will be praying for you both.
What a difficult time for him and you also.
love beth