Wednesday, September 25, 2013

TRUTH AND RECONCILIATION.

P9182610
This was an important event that took place in Vancouver supported by many of the churches that had committed the heinous transgressions against the native people.  Many stories were told and a speech was given by Bernice King, daughter of the late Martin Luther King Jr.   She reminded us all that it will take years and years to heal the abuse and pain caused by the separation from their families and the sexual abuse.

It would have been hard to hear their stories and realize how deeply damaged their souls had been,  but in doing so it releases the deep pain within and hopefully healing will continue.
Every generation has there freedom struggle according to Loretta King.
I know many philosophies and religions want to educate people to become their best and highest self.    Freedom without violence was a dream of her father’s but I also believe that it was the main teaching of Jesus.
If we have a genuine wish both for ourselves and for others to become whole there must be continual forgiveness.  The goal is to destroy the power of hate and fear that separates us.  There are times when injustices are committed that we cannot understand.

Everyone has their own journey and will see life from different prospectives.  Forgiveness sets the one forgiving free and allows the past to be put behind us once and for all.  I believe that Jesus did say "Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing,"  Luke 23:34 

If some one would ask me why I wear a cross one reason is because I believe in the power of forgiveness.

The teddy bears agreed with me that we needy to warm the chilly morning a little by turning on the fireplace.
P9182591





DSCN4679
It starts getting dark so much earlier now and lighter so much later.

Yesterday on my walk I saw a little boy about 5 run out on the road to wave furiously at an airplane passing over head, so cute.  I should have run over and joined him.  Waving is fun.

Later I had to jump out of the way of an out- of -control skate boarder,  but he was gracious and said thank you and have a nice day.

"Jesus does not call men to a  new religion, but to life!  -Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"We are; we act; we know.
Belonging, behaving and believing.
This is the shape of awakened Christianity, a faith that is a deeply spiritual religion."

"Spiritual awakening is not ultimately the work of invisible cultural forces.
Instead it is the work of learning to see differently, of prayer and of conversion.
Beyond chaos toward a new harmony with God and with others."
-Diana Butler Bass        "Christianity After Region."

For me the fun part is to be always learning and making good friends!  The fun and the laughter and the good times and bad we help each other through.  It gives life purpose and meaning for me.

Carol and Panteli dropped by.  Carol still very pale and weak from her nasty cold.  Panteli is definitely going to depart for China on Oct. 5.  An exciting new challenge I would think.  And today is milkshake day so soon again.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

If you talk to Carol again tell her to check her messages, I left her one. I like walking in the dark better, no one can see what I am wearing. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Carol does not return messages but Panteli will.

Theresa has a cold now and has an interview coming up.

My reasoning exactly for walking in the dark. But do wear something light.

Love mom

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's true. Carol's phone is either off,out of minutes,not charged or misplaced. [Sigh]

I'll let Carol know that she has a message on her phone...but she is pretty good with hotmail...
Panteli

Anonymous said...

l have a functioning computer again . my ancient one died and is off to the computer graveyard,so l am catching up on reading your blogs, which help me to get the day off to a good start.Hope we can meet for coffee soon. Love , Jane

larry bennett said...

Sure that is a good ideas What about Friday? love beth

Anonymous said...

Nice and sunny this morning, we have had heaps of rain , but today is nice. No one sick here.last day off for me after 5days off. Melina working today and tomorrow.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Good news all are well. Colds seem to be making the rounds here.
love mom