Thursday, September 12, 2013

PROFOUND

P9082462
What a joke went looking for a joke book and came home from the library with these deeply profound, soul searching books.  I am starting with “Habits of Love” that opens the way for us to experience life in a more profound way of generosity, stillness, truth, candor, play, forgiveness, compassion and truth.
                    P9062444
The last roses of summer.  The garden needs to be cleaned up and rest through the winter.  Actually I see new buds coming that will burst out in spring.  Nature may fool us with its barrenness but inside there is still life.

I was thinking that maybe my great grandchildren and even the grandchildren may tour my church one day and comment on the fact that this was where grandma spent her Sunday mornings.  Will they understand that going to church helped me to fell very, very loved.

Today my group of wonderful, hilarious and caring group met in the back of the church where  surrounded by big windows we can sit and look out at the woods behind our church.  Today we each brought a lunch to share and of course ended up with an abundance.  Lots of jokes and endearing laughter yet underneath there was a grave concern for one in our group going through difficult times.  We will all pitch in to help when she needs us and we are trusting she will ask for help.  One thing that is still difficult for most of us.  None of us have been immune to difficult times.

Yes, we laugh a lot but will be facing a challenge studying the last book of the Bible Revelations.  A book full of strange creatures and some frightening images but sharing it together will make it easier.  Like a lot of the Bible I think that this book has been misinterpreted and used to frighten instead of seeing it as an important message for the church long ago and today.

It was a very hot day and made dad and I feel a bit lazy.  He did some clearing up in the garage and went to the store and then rested in his shake deck, but it was even warm in there with no breeze to make it comfortable.

"Religious history is tragically blemished by practices that hijacked the idea of God for the purpose of creating enemies or infidels, classifying them as evil to justify violence so the group seeking power could claim to be "saved" and ultimately dominate."         This is from 8 Habits of Love by Ed Bacon.
 
I would agree that there is plenty of reason for people to become unbelievers or atheists out of a moral intellectual stance of integrity.
 
He, the author of the book I am reading,  uses the word Beloved for God as it points to something much more mysterious and more profound and life giving than a lot of the things that we have been taught to believe.  This word draws me into quiet acceptance of all that I am.  It is healing and unifying and encouraging.
 
The Beloved and I can be one and embrace the power of love that frees me from fear.

There was times when I needed a healing touch when I bumped up against fears and worries in my life.  I am still learning that love is stronger than fears and worries.
P9082467
Trusting that there is always light waiting to be lit!


We are all “beloved” children created to bring new light into the world.  All I need to do is look within myself, not at others, and open my heart to the love the inherent goodness that surrounds us all.  All I need is vision, energy and inspiration!  Not always that easy.  Life was not meant to be easy but to be a challenge and to keep growing even when I feel old and dry inside and a little dumb.

Yes, like today I put the letter I meant to mail in the garbage
can that was right beside the mail box.  So I had to dig down to get it out and mailed.

Love gives us the courage and the strength to accept our limitations but also to grow in new ways by expressing our love and generosity with others.  Oh dear I have gone rambling on far too long.

Milkshake Day!  Chocolate of course!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

And I thought it was just because I am reading on my cell phone it seemed long. Very hot. Too hot to pack and move but it has to be done. You did not drop by yesterday. And today is the last day here, after tomorrow you will have to drive twice as far. I guess I will have to start being a better hostess and offer tea and gf cookies. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Family can help themselves and bring their own cookie.

Dad's feet are very painful and he is a little down but things do get better and worse.

See you later.

love mom