Saturday, September 21, 2013

VICTIM OR HERO

P9182562Victim or Hero?

The answer is at times we have all felt like one or the other,  either a victim or a hero.    Sometimes victim of our circumstances.

I can feel like a victim when there is just too much to do.  Well, at least I got everything done that I was try to do on Thursday.  Shopped at the dollar store for little things to send to our child in Sri Lanka, cut the grass, mailed my letters and cleaned off the dining room table and watered the garden before the rain came!

What a hero!

Now just to catch up on the work of the day.  Dad went for his bike ride and I for my walk. 

Then we went to visit with  Howard's to allow time  for his wife to go out with her son. It was good we could have a visit with Howard.  Very tough situation when there is failing health and it is difficult for both the one who is failing and also the care giver.  Certainly not the golden years. But both are real hero's.

Crisis come unbidden into each one of our lives and I am reminded again and again not to let the little stuff grow out of proportion and remember instead   what is truly important in life.  As long as we can hug and hold hands and talk to each others then we can get through difficult times together.  Tiredness and stress make life a challenge.

In the stillness of prayer I realize I need to  receive grace that helps me change.  Prayer helps me to let go of fear that would keep me thinking as a victim and transform me into a learner, in the process of becoming a hero!  ha ha


P9182570P9182567
I do love the fall colors and the cool mornings and evenings.  There is a message in nature and especially in the seasons that continually change.

I know that I am one of those people who enjoy quiet, like quiet walks and quiet rests on the park bench,  I enjoy people but I need significant quantities of solitude.    We are all unique and have to learn to pay attention to what feels right within our own heart.
I

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I still say you are much too hard on your self, it seems to me you get an awful lot done every day. My big goal today is go over to the old house and dig up plants. Just going to take small sentimental ones and maybe some hunks of hostas. See how my back hold out. Suppose to get some couches delivered today. Dreading it as I was in no mood to be picking furniture the day we did it. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Carol is feeling much better and went to Chilliwack again last night for her client session. Ben is in a kareoke contest today at 3:30 in Chilliwack, but Carol is going to miss it because she has a client right at that time!
Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

I am much like you Beth and find as I get older I get frustrated and cranky when I have too much to do...it must be something to do with aging as I used to be able to handle things. I too, need solitude, lots of solitude..although I enjoy interacting with people and my students as well. I like to think of it as restoring my soul! Walks in the crisp autumn air, alone, with only nature and conversations with God...very special times. I think you accomplish a lot every day. It is especially heartening to read about how giving you and Larry are to those in need. I have a painting that needs to come out of my head...or I will loose it. I am hoping to paint today. Oriental poppies, in watercolour. Have a good day, Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Dad and I are off to Chilliwack to hear Ben do his singing. Would love to watch his and Morgan's games but just cannot do the walking and standing.
We have cheered on my games now it is Carol's turn.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Ben.
Ken