Friday, September 6, 2013

SLEEPY

The street we live on is very quiet, almost sleepy which seems to suite us just fine. The seasons change but nothing else changes much.  The kids play road hockey with tennis balls flying into our yard with great speed but we enjoy watching and hearing them.
Neighbors walk their dogs and stop for a chat and the dogs expect a pat or a treat which we enjoy giving them.

P9062435
Mushrooms are starting to pop up in the gardens.  I thought I might add this to dad's mushroom soup and see what his re-action is!  Maybe a new cure!

I went out to work in my garden with rain pants on because everything is dripping wet after the big rain cloud burst.
Looking a bit strange but no one was looking.

P9052428

The road and the side walk become a river.  The thunder sounded like it was right above our house and the lightning put on a good show.  Very heavy rain.




P9062431
My turtle has not moved.  It is slow just like me!  But we keep going.

P9062439
I stop and read the signs on my walk after the rain storm.
P9062438
I am amazed at all the different colors and flowers.  I am amazed at how different we all can be.  Really unique!

Dad and I had breakfast with Carol yesterday morning which brightened up our day!  She was going shopping but I did not feel in the mood for it.  I tried to do some work in the garden but found it too hard.  Later we started to drive to White Rock but stopped at Staples and then came home.

Sorry to be a disappointment to our kids sometimes,  but we try to do our best.  Little misunderstandings can happen in all families.  Things do not always worked out as planned and I do not always understand why I do some things at times,  Life gets confusing for me,  I guess I would not be human if I did not have some regrets. 

I am so happy for all the wonderful happy and loving memories.

   But  I think our family is the best!

Dad watched the football and I read a little trying to stay awake.  We are both two sleepy heads!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Good to hear no more falling down. It takes me a long time to recover from stress and working hard too, so do not worry about it. Did you get the purple asters planted? I really hope I have time to dig out what I want out of my garden. It is going to be such a rush to get everything done when we get home. Lincoln is doing well, he is a good baby and just does not like getting changed. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I planted the purple aster the day I heard Lincoln was born.

A new baby is a big adjustment. Would have been fun to be there,

Love to all

love mom