Tuesday, December 17, 2013

DISAPPOINTMENTS


PC140132
We met in a beauty home with loving friends and shared our understandings of the book we had been reading.  We also shared some or our disappointments.  Things in all our lives are changing and it takes courage to share from your heart your vulnerability. 

We could not believe it when Haiti jumped over the fence and landed in the neighbors yard.  Kim came today and put her out too and the thing is it is easy to forget about her and we looked and she was no where to be found until we opened the front door.  So she will have to be on a leash if we do this again.  Haiti was very happy to see Kim and other than that we do enjoy her visits.\

One other problem was that I had a fall on slippery leaves in the park  so there I am flat on my face again.  Haiti came and laid down beside me.  When I eventually tried getting up my one leg was very painful.
  I limped home and out ice on it and took some pain pills.  Very painful especially going up and down stairs.  Hopeful that I will be able to put weight on it to-morrow.  Vera has asked us to come and visit with Howard for a while to-morrow and I hope we can do that.

There is a thread that flows through the Old and the New Testament of a love that
 spills through time and comes to us in a simple story of a new birth.
 
Pride in our own worthiness hardens the heart and ours hearts become harden to the pain of others.  When we face difficulties we are more aware of the hard times others are having.
 
We talked to Bill my cousin's husband and Jill her daughter and one could feel the sadness seeing their loved suffering through the battled against cancer.  The message that comes through again and again is to appreciate each other, respecting feelings and to be willing to listen.
 
We except others because we are all worthy of God's gift of love.  Even before the baby He gave us the words of the 10 commandments.  There is a power greater than our own that in deep humility wants to draw us closer and set time apart to spend time with Him and also to renew ourselves spiritually.  Out of that love flows a healing that helps us when we feel deeply hurt or even disappointed in small ways.
 
God longs that our hearts would be inclined to be in Wonder and Awe and enraptured by a love greater than the love that anyone of us can give. 

Thankful I was only two blocks from home.

All the best Panteli sounds interesting!


4 comments:

Sandra said...

I was wondering how your walk went, it was very slippery and I was afraid Peanut and Lucy would pull me down if they saw something to make them pull harder. I have officially given up my job of party planner at work. I will miss it but also 3 years is enough as it takes away from my own Christmas. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Very wise Sandra
love mom

beth bennett said...

Driving into Van. with dad to get eye drops

Anonymous said...

Hope your leg feels better today. Time to give up baby sitting Haiti I think. We still have the mommy cat and two kittens in our shed. They should be running around soon. They are about 10 days old. The mommy cat has a collar so she must belong to some one. 40c tomorrow , not looking fwd to it. As I am on early shift and with thermos like that makes it hard to sleep.
Ken