Thursday, December 19, 2013

TWO LAUGHING CRIPPLES

PB280042
Yes dad and I were the two old cripples slowly and painfully making our way across the street in Vancouver.  We now appreciate the fact that we used to be able to get his eye drops at the Safeway right by our house.   But we had to laugh about it and thankful our children could not see us!
My leg is very painful still but dad is taking good care of me.  He went out shopping for a walker yesterday which I do not think is necessary at least for me.
I think it is important that we keep moving while we can.  I also think it is important to keep learning and exploring new ideas.

Cathy and Glen dropped by to share a glass of wine with us.  Dad has forced me to rest all day with heat on my leg and it all of a sudden last night felt so much better.  I could walk normally but stairs are still a problem.  So I am on the mend.  Be able to deliver that milkshake!

Ken that is tough with your hand still being painful.  Good to talk to you and do hope Jesse is feeling better.

I know dad misses his golf and his hockey.  It seems most of us have to adjust to these changes

Also had a nice talk to Mary and Michael John talked by having her write notes as he has lost his voice.  Simone has the croup. and they will be getting a steamer.  Problems everywhere but thankfully most of them will get better!

DSC03961
Yes we are great grandparents now and it is wonderful.  This is Simone and Lincoln is coming at Christmas.
 We are very excited to hug them all and get to hold Lincoln.

Dad has gone for a walk this morning g and will drive me to the Seniors Home

 Relationships are very important to me. 

"Joys are always on the way to us.  They are always travelling to us through the darkness of the night. "  (Amy Carmichael)

 Every relationship a gift!

5 comments:

beth bennett said...

I forgot to press publish!

beth bennett said...

I forgot I had taken a pill with codeine before Cathy and Glen came over.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Well, that is a first! You had me a little worried especially after your fall the other day! Glad to see your blog and to hear that you are "on the mend!" Good news.
My cat, Gilbert keeps distracting me, by patting my hand with his paw...he wants some attention.
I can hear your tough independent spirit when you said Larry went shopping for a walker, but you didn't think it necessary, at least for you!
I had a little chuckle at that! Independent for sure, Beth!

We bought a walker a few years ago, I guess when Carl had his knees replaced, both at the same time. About 3 weeks after the surgery, I drove him to his first physio appointment and dropped him off at the hospital entrance ( with the walker) while I parked the car. Well I went in and far down the hall, I see Carl, hiking along at a pretty good rate, carrying the walker! YES he is an independent person too. That was his first and last physio appointment. His knees are still good 10 years later.

You are very fortunate to have so many grandchildren and the cute little grand babies....they are just sooo precious!

I hope your visiting went well today and crabby pants liked his milkshake! You are such a good person Beth!
Love Nancy

Sandra said...

Busy day for me at work today. Glad to have that over with and able to relax for a moment before the big Christmas rush. Sandra

Anonymous said...

nice easy day at work after a hot sleepless night.it was about 25c when I got up to go to work. Jesse did more tests today , every thing seems ok. Ken