Monday, December 9, 2013

NO NO NO

DSCN1640
Dad and I went to the library last week to return books but not to bring any home with me.  But for me there is a comfort in having a pile of books around and yes I do clutter up the chesterfield and coffee table.

I couldn’t resist these:
Didn’t I Feed You Yesterday?  (even has funny pictures.)
First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom  (I have to return this in 7 days.  He wrote Thursdays With Morrie)
Leaving Church (I want to know the reasons.
Overcoming Life’s Disappointments by Kushner

No I did not download the pictures from the family dinner.  It was a excellent diner of course, the house looked very festive and sitting around the blazing log fire ended the day well.    James and Mandy were there too. There is a small pond across the road and lots of kids were skating on it.  That is the fun part of the cold.  Good  to see Oliver and Kim and Carol of course!

Yes even gluten-free coolies provided by Randy.  Chocolate ones that are Morgan's favorite


It was past our bedtime so I will do that later today. 

No snow  here yet!   No time this morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always good to have a few books around to read - nothing worse than feeling in the mood to read and having good at hand!

It has been cold around here the last week or so. But so far my car has started each morning.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

should be "having nothing good at hand!"

Rick

beth bennett said...

Thanks I need an editor.

Getting use to the cold.

love mpm

Shandel said...

i was wondering? BC gets cold enough to have a pond freeze? that is amazing lol, i dont know why but i didnt think that was possible.

I would love to go skating! but i think i should start in doors where there is walls and things i can catch myself onto haha in case i fall.

Making banana bread gf for the kids of a local school here in Stony Plain. Its part of the Healing seed charity i donate my time to. Helps keep kids bellies full when they come to school with no breakfast or lunches.

Have a great day! i bet you all are starting to count down the days until Stephen, Shawna and baby Lincoln arrive.

Anonymous said...


Yes our ponds do freeze.

Good for you making things for the children's lunches.

Yes we are counting the days.
love grama