Wednesday, December 11, 2013

SURPRISES.


There was a mystery parcel on our doorstep tonight.  It was for me!  Wow!  A Large print Address book, a day timer and an internet address and password logbook.  Someone needs to fess up and confess they are the mastermind behind all of these.  Yes, exactly what I needed so thank you very much.  What a surprise I am really pleased! 
DSCN1698DSCN1700

I that one of the messages of Christmas is that God also loves to surprise us and give us good gifts. He wants to surprise us with joy and with wonder.  Imagine Mary's surprise at really becoming pregnant!

"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly" .  -G. K. Chesterton.

The first thing Mary and Joseph needed was a safe place, a place of refuge so that this special baby could be born.  The message is that God will provide in His way and in His time.  He will supply strength and courage and love!


Dad woke up early and we watched his memorial service.  I did not go for a walk still feeling a little under  the weather.  Also the side walk may have been a little icy.  Dad did not think it was a good idea either.

Today dad and I drive out to Morgan's Christmas concert where she will be singing and Ben playing the guitar to Jingle Bells and Ode to Joy.   Great fun! 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

It was me, but I think I just ordered you a refill for the day timer so you will have to get the stand part. Have fun at the play today. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thank you so much Sandra. I think you know how much I need help keeping things in order.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed the play/concert . We received the Christmas cards thank you. Ken