Monday, December 16, 2013

FEAR AND TRUST

DSCN1707
Just a little tree and a few presents
Just a little snow that came and is now gone.


Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom because it is a positive emotion in that we realize that we live in a time of changes in values and in lifestyles that we cannot control.
Fear is the powerful emotion of awe when we realize there is a divine mystery greater than we know and that out of this mystery came the perfection of creation.

How do I understand my relationship to the Holy One?  It begins by understanding my human relationships.  There is a healthy fear that reminds me that what I choose to do or believe makes a difference.  I make mistakes and do not think about consequences at times, but I will have to face them eventually.
I wonder if these politicians that steal and lie do not realize that eventually the truth will be revealed.  Even then they cannot admit what they did was wrong. 
We fear the unknown but a healthy fear is trusts  in the goodness and faithfulness of  a love that can envelope our fear  so that we can trust this love that forgives and desires the best for us.
:What we give to fear we take away from faith unless we realize the purpose in the fear. 
The message of the Christmas story is that I am not to fear but trust that God has a plan to improve all our lives as I learn to trust in Him.

God is to be feared and trusted at the same time and giving away our need to be in control will help us overcome fear and worry and give us confidence and courage.  Often we do not see clearly right in the midst of problems but by looking back we see little blessings that have helped us on the way.

Kim is coming to pick uo Haiti today but we will have our walk first.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

That seems to be an awful lot of fear going on there. Fear certainly can keep us safe, it would be a bit of a disaster if we did not know there were limits. I drop my car off today to get the little dent fixed. Randy is off work and could be for the next 2 weeks. Sandra

beth bennett said...

The point was to keep trusting.

I hope Randy keeps healthy with all that working.

Have a good week and keep safe.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys survived the Haiti visit. We were hoping to visit, but are both fighting colds. Carol is feeling well enough to go to work today, though. My big news is that I am co-hosting a Twitter chat with one of the top 100 Inspiration Women in the world (according to Huffingtom Post) tomorrow night.
Panteli

Anonymous said...

Matthews last day of kindy. Heat wave about to start here , expect 40c by Thursday.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Hurrah! Hurrah! Holidays.

e saw him singing. Yes we have a talented family!

Your parcel arrived today so we put it under our tree.

Thanks to you al!
love mom