Tuesday, December 31, 2013

LASTING GIFTS

PC300272
Ken it was so good to hear your voice and all the family wishing us Merry Christmas.  I hope we can connect Jan. I

Thankful for the gift of a new day and a new year.  I started yesterday off a little differently as I sat and meditated with the teddy  bears(gifts from other years) and enjoyed the quiet morning with the Christmas Lights.
                              
It is time to take down the Christmas decorations which have added so much color and light.  So many memories in the ornaments from past years of things given to me also given to me.
PC260267
I now have a new colourful table cloth all the way from China.  On top are some of the pottery Kim has created.
Looking back at the past year of things happening in the world there are still so many disasters and tragedies ,  violence and poverty and yet we look with hope to the year ahead.
We move into a new year, some of us going in new directions and with new dreams and inspiration.

Jesus came to bring new light into a darkened world and some did respond and become light bearers.

I was also thinking of the Old Testament and the gifts it has given us.

The gift of creation with his gift of Life.

The gift of stories that reveal the weaknesses of our hero’s and in those stories we can find ourselves.

Some of the most beautiful words can be found in Scripture.
I,  the Lord, have loved you with an everlasting love. 
I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
I will build you up again.
I will turn mourning into gladness
I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.  Jeremiah 31
I will give them joy in My house of prayer.  -Isaiah 56
I will strengthen feeble hands and steady the knees that give way,
say to those with fearful hearts. Be strong do not fear, Your Lord will come.   -Isaiah 35

The Sabbath was a gift of a day to rest or do simple things you enjoy.

The value of community and worship.

The healing presence of nature and promises of His healing presence here and now and to come.

A different day for me as I did not go for a walk.  My tummy was a little upset.  So I had eggs with dad at breakfast and watch a bit of hockey.  Then started taking down some of the Christmas  things.

Change
We should strive to welcome change and challenges,
because they are what help is grow
Without them, we grow weak in comfort and security.   -H.G.Wells

 We were delighted to have Leah and Craig drop in for a visit yesterday.  Great company just when we needed it.
Then we were off to the home of the Wise's to have another feast with Shawna, Stephen, Lincoln, James, Mandy, Carol and Panteli, Sue and Keith.

Dad and I have just got home.  I am posting this to-night which is New Year's Eve. so we can wise Ken and Melina Happy New Year first.

HAPPY NEW YEAR  EVERYONE! !  Expect the best!.



4 comments:

beth bennett said...

Excited to put my new calendar up that Shawna created for us.
I will download pictures to-morrow and write again. Rick I hope you had a safe flight home on New Years Day.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks mom.
Ken and melina and kids.

Sandra said...

YEs, I have to get the new calendar up! A labor of love from Shawna that we get to enjoy all year long. Thank you for coming over, sorry I did not go special GF stuff. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra you and Randy do an awesome Job and I was just so happy to be there with everyone.
Thank you! I will now do Jan 1
love mom