Sunday, December 15, 2013

LAUGHTER AND LOVE

PC140126

My early Saturday morning walk.PC140141
                           Starting to get light as I head up Baker on the way home.

PC140142
Yes we pick up Haiti after we figure out the right meeting place.  We were only two blocks away and thankful for cell phones.  We bring her home and right away she stares at me wanting and expecting to go for a walk.  Yes, I soon gave in.  But she was still restless so dad let her out the back and I let her in and then he let her out and so on.

Dad goes off to the pub to watch the hockey game with Glenn and I have to do some serious reading for our study group Sunday night.
It is a good book called “Climbing Jacob’s Ladder” and takes us through a journey of many gates as a way of searching and discovering new growth that is referred to as soul traits.  Holiness being the goal as I realize I am unique but need to be aware of  who I am with all my faults and weakness.  Also sensitive to the needs of others.

Life is full of challenges and one of them is to turn from fear and worry to trusting that God will be with us through it all.  It talks about good and evil,  fear of God,  working and growing in relationship with others,  the gate of struggle and the gate of the deep within.
I suggested the book so I am expected to lead but we are a talkative group so I just need to get them started and keep us on topic.
We study first and then have a pot-luck supper.  I am sure it will be all festive and a fun time.
This of course is after the children’s pageant at the church.  We have many two and three year old little ones so it should be pure entertainment with lots of laughter.

Thankful for our many friends!

First Haiti and I will go for our morning walk!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Spent the afternoon in Langley shopping. Had absolutely no luck finding Randy a present. Well, other than a Lazy Boy recliner. But I am still humming and hawing about that. It certainly will get used, and it is on sale, less than half off, but still a lot of money. I wish I had someone to shop with. It is no fun by your self. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Isn't it nice to have Haiti to walk with? Most people give you smiles and comments.
Laughter and Love...great title Beth and makes me think of family times.
Have s great Sunday, Lovee, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Haiti is a very fearful dog that can re act by barking so I am very careful not to let people pet her, also we went very early. It is too bad. She managed to jump over and fence and was barking at two small children next door. This was why I was very careful when I put her out in the back to not leave her out. The dad was very kind and said the children were not afraid but he could see the dog was. She is a lovely dog but cannot be trusted but I think she is better with Kim.
Our afternoon excitement!
love beth