Monday, December 23, 2013

HOW

DSCN1694
The miracle of new birth!   It just happens.

Advent is a time of waiting.

Miracles happen even for those who do not believe.

Older people need the younger ones to brighten up our days.

Friends need friends to listen and just be there.

PC140131
How does the miracle come to this man living out of his cardboard box behind the busy mall in our cold December weather.  How does it come for the sad and lonely and down-hearted?  Dad and I and Jane and Geof tried to drive around and find him but he was not at his usual spots. 

We also dropped by the church to have a short visit with Lee and express the appreciation of the congregation for all her hard work doing all the many tasks she has to do with patience and friendliness.

PC220210
We are so thankful for new life!

I am so thankful that the love of God never ends and that our lives continue to touch each other by our caring and sharing.

Gunty brought me over a lovely pointiest  plant and had a visit.  She appreciates my visits which do not seem to be a big thing to do but small things are important.

I am thankful for all the blessings in my life and that I can reach out to share a little with some sorely wounded souls who are so very grateful for each little coin dropped in the kettle or in the cup held by the least of these among us.  Many people will be having difficult times this year with the power failures and miserable weather but good people will be reaching out to help and that is the true spirit of Christmas!

Kim has arrived to be our maid and our shopper and our cooker with the help of mom.  Dad and I are excited to have our little family together here for Christmas Eve.  That includes Sandra and Randy, Stephen and Shawna and especially little Lincoln.

There is no answer to how except that love can reach out and I learn to keep trusting in the Good News that Jesus is always with us and ats throught us

The waiting is almost over!

7 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Merry Christmas to the Bennett Clan. May you have a wonderful time over the holidays, sharing stories, good food and laughter.
It is stormy here, bad highways with blowing snow, but really pretty.
Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Yippee, can't wait to see my new little buddy Lincoln, hope I can pry him away from grannma Sandy for a few minutes tonight! Carol and Kim are the chief elfs, but I'm kind of an apprentice elf tonight. xo
Panteli

beth bennett said...

Merry Christmas to you too Nancy-Lou. You have been a great blessing to me!

Yes the chief elfs will be a wonderful help!
love Beth

Shandel said...

Merry Christmas Eve lovely family. Enjoy your beautiful day with each other and the delicious food.We are getting ready for the last minute things we need for our dinner tomorrow. I am in charge of cooking for a larger part of my family. Good thing i also have Elf Apprentices to help... Cameron and My dad :D

nancy-Lou said...

Beth, you are a great blessing to me too, in many ways! Your uplifting spiritual messages in your daily blog, your comfort and prayers, your sense of humour, your photos and most of all, sharing with me that wonderful Bennett family. I hope one day to meet you, Larry and the "gang".
Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THE AUSSIES

LOVE MOM

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas , Santa came , seams like our kids have all been good. Sunny and 31c , not a bad Day. Off to Nona after a big Christmas breaky.
Ken