Saturday, April 22, 2017

A MAZE APRIL 22 EARTH DAY

Our back yard is a maze of flowers
that spread into one another.

The thing I like better with a maze is that you can keep trying by going back and starting over again.
I do not like maps.

The world seems to be a maze of ideas!

Like I phones to monitor your pets/1

Sandra drove me to the church but I found I was not needed anywhere so after picking up a few items we left to go shopping.  It is nice to go shopping with your daughter although we each did our own thing.  We went to Value Village and you can get several outfits for a back or two.

I had a short walk and pulled some weeds before the day got cold, windy and rainy.  Dad waited too long to go for a bike ride.

I learnt two things today.  If your name is not in the obituary column you are doing okay.

If you have some one who disagrees with you it is a good thing.

Dad and I decided to put or feet up and ease the pain by watching a Net flicks series.  We found one with humor and action so that was good.

Trying to find a new way of faith that may be called spirituality and not religion may seem like a maze at times.  Learners are willing to discover new opportunities that deepen the work of the Holy Spirit.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

haha...if your name is not in the obituaries.....well I knew one old fellow who was in his 90's and I told him how well he looked for his age. He replied, " well I don't buy any green bananas"!

How nice you and Sandra got out for a shopping excursion! VV is always good for bargains. My son, Mark usually finds the most interesting things there..he is luckier than me! We like to take the day and go into the city and "do some thifting". But it isn't often that he can get the day off work.

It was a tough day for me. it started out with my neighbours poor little Maltese day...who was barking at the door at 5:50 am. They must have booted her out of the house because she had a very dirty bum...so I had to take her in the shower and clean her up. She was so cold...poor thing. I don't know when they booted her out or when she came here. my dogs woke me up and told me to check the door. It was -9 last night. I am so angry at those people...they should never own a dog. I do all the grooming and care for her.

Later in the morning I met a veterinarian at our son's house and she euthanized his dog, Dora. It was so hard to do. Dora was in pretty tough shape...she was 15 and her back end was gone. I held her while the vet did her work and comforted her. She knows me well so it was all good for her. She just went to sleep. Dora really was my son's wifes dog and she passed away 4 1/2 years ago and he has cared for Dora ever since.

Are you and Larry watching any of the hockey games? We watch the Maple Leafs now that the Jets are not in the play offs. we really like to watch the Blue Jays baseball games too.

You should post some photos of the maze of flowers in your backyard Beth. it sounds so pretty. I cleaned out the boxes on the deck where I grow veggies and herbs and flowers and the chives are up already. nature is amazing.

Well it is supposed to snow again tomorrow...so we will see! We will stay home anyway because a fellow is coming to look at our septic system. We need to put in a new one...tank and field.

Have a lovely evening,

Love, nancy

Sandra said...

No Sunday blog? How did the sermon go with the Prodigal Son? Randy had the day off but he had asked for a no job list day, so he just put up one blind and we did the grocery shopping. He was going to get the grass cut but before he got a chance it started to rain again.

I Skyped with Mary and Shawna and the kids and then rearranged the top landing, putting the book shelves on the opposite walls instead of in front of the window.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

I am missing your blog for Sunday and Monday and hope all is OK

Love,Nancy