Thursday, April 27, 2017

TODAY APRIL 27


Today we pick up Kim from the airport and attend the awards banquet at her college.

Today dad will continue to put together the shelf for my bathroom.  The instructions are all wrong
and there are packets of lots of different screws and if he is lucky the right ones will be there.

Today the sun is shining shyly so the day can go any way.  The pedals are flying off the trees  with the slightest breeze.  The air is fresh and smells of mowed grass.  I cut grass yesterday and it is tough going.  I need a self driving mower.  The trick is not to let it grow too long.

Today I hope Jane is back in her own home.  She had one of her painful bowel attacks and her daughter Susan took her to Lions Gate Hospital.  She was tired but cheerful.  Geof is doing better and the children all visiting.  Jane looks forward to taking Geof for walks along the sea wall.

"Just for today I will strive to recognize the beauty within myself.
I will escape discouragement and replace it with virtue.
I will offer compassion and forgive my faults.
I will bury self doubts and plant seeds of optimism
I will caste out bitterness and treasure purity
Today . . . . .
I will embrace every good thing and surrender my heart to God."
(who holds it in loving hands)
-Leslie A. Neilson

No comments: