Thursday, April 20, 2017

RESILIENCE APRIL 20

My prayer for this morning.
It is cold and windy out for working in the garden.
The blossoms are already getting blown off the trees.

I talked to the man who bought Gundy's home.  He is fixing it up to rent but plans to tear it down in the future and build a home for his family.  He likes it because it is on the corner lot.  I am thinking they just may tear down our house so I should not worry too much about fixing it up.

Dad and I are taking some boxes over to the church for the yard sale this Sat.  It will be good for us to chat with some friends.  I will help a little.  People come to help that do not come to church which is appreciated.

Kim dropped by at supper time last night to do her taxes on our computer.  She did wonders with the last bit of the salmon and cheered us both up.

I am  trusting  that God has better plans ahead for us.

Until then I will be thankful and be resilient!

Good bye to negative energy!

One shoe (one day) can change your life!
--Cinderella 

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I had to (well, CHOSE to) cut my walk at noon short as it was so cold and windy and I just had a light jacket on. The day just dragged on as I was wanting to get home to Randy and here more of his stories. The coolest one for him, and the only one I would have liked to have been there for was when him and Mitch were driving to the Kennedy Space Center all of a sudden the traffic slowed then stopped and people started to get out of their cars. Soon a rocket took off and shook the car like it was an earthquake. I am anti space exploration, but that would be cool.

Tomorrow is going to be nice and warm, will be able to have the window open for the momma cat and kittens and get some fresh air in there for them.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

I don't see why anybody would want to tear down your house. It is a perfect shape/size for the lot and the neighbourhood.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

The name of the nice young man who is for hire to do gardening or move stuff or what ever is Charles and his phone number is 604-367-6951.

beth bennett said...

There is a lot of things that need fixing
but you are right Rick it is a cozy home.

Thanks Sandra I have written down the number.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Resilience is a word that I need right now,Beth. Hang in there! Better things are on the way.
yes. Carl hasn't been feeling well the last few days...he is very dizzy and has problems walking and is nauseous. At first we thought it was a bug, but it has been three days now and I want him to go to the Emergency room and he refuses. So there is not much I can do until he is ready to go. It could be a bladder infection...he has had that before.
I think being so stubborn means he is afraid of what may happen...and trying to push him makes him angry so I just have to leave it.

It is great to have a handyman to help you out in the garden and in the house. We hire a local fellow that is on a disability pension and he earns a few extra dollars that way. I hope you do give the fellow a call. It eases your mind to know that things are taken care of.

Wow, bought the house to rent and may raze it to build another home? The throw away generation...I am sure it is a perfectly fine home. Just think of the small homes we grew up in, Beth....ours was about 800 sq feet and it served our family just fine. Now adays they want everything. I just read an ad where people wanted to rent a cottage here and it had to have air conditioning...hahaha....yup. at the beach.

today is another work outside day. The deck needs a lot of attention. Beautiful day, but there is a cold week ahead, they say so we had better enjoy it while we can. the ice is in and out depending on the wind. it is from the south today so the ice has blown up north.

Have a great day,
Love, Nancy