Saturday, April 15, 2017

UNSTEADY APRIL 15

After the grass is cut and I do my visiting it will be  time to relax and enjoy our little home.

I woke up feeling very negative without a creative thought in my head.  I am thinking about Peter, the apostle so full of courage and strength and yet he denies his relationship with Jesus when he is accused of being his follower.

What happened to all that courage and determination?

Scripture has the power to reveal the naked truth about our humanity.  Failure makes me feel weak and sometimes ashamed.  I am thankful for helping hands but also I wish I could be the one being helpful.  Walking in a crowd of people makes me aware of my slowness and  unsteadiness. 


Scripture is not just something that is read on Sunday mornings but is a part of my daily life and also a part of my blog.  I was feeling ashamed of this because no one likes some one who is too religious and is not fun to be around.  I can only hope I do not lose my sense of humor which I feel is a very important part of spirituality.  

I have a pile of library books on the table downstairs and feel the urge to pick up the one "Choosing Real".  Yes, I read "Keep writing.  Your voice and perspective matter."  Yes i was thinking that I would stop my blogging.  

I will love myself as I try to love others.  I will be faithful because I may reach someone who needs to be encouraged even when life seems difficult and our walk unsteady.

Just by being me and just by being you we make this world a better place!

No comments: