Saturday, April 15, 2017

EASTER

Yes April showers bring out the flowers daily and progressively so there is lots to be done in the yard. It is a little bit every day when it is not raining.

Nice to have a visit from Sandra she is very busy getting ready for the gang at Easter.  Itis goodevery body helps by bringing salads and deserts etc.

Theresa and Mickie asked us out for supper which would have been wonderful but dad is not up to the drive especially if we have to drive home late in the evening.  We will be seeing them at the soccer and at Sandra's home.

I did get over to the nursing home fora visit and dad drove me there.  He had lunch in the car and read the news paper while he was waiting.

My thoughts about Easter and the spiritual meaning.

Our suffering can be transformed when we use our imaginations to see that there is healing that flows from the cross and from the life of Jesus.  The resurrection is the joyous gift of new life.

Spiritual energy helps me to deal with everyday problems especially with getting older.

I find the most compassionate people are the ones who have known suffering and disappointment.

You may not believe in God but keep on searching.  Life is full of wonder and awe.  Today I saw the first robin and I was so happy.

God sent Jesus to be the helping hand that lifts us up when we feel down. All he asks is that we reach out to help others.

Happy Easter!  God is good!  Jesus is alive!  Spring is here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ARRIVED HOME AT 1AM TO SEE THE EASTER BUNNY FLASH BY DELIVERING EGGS AND DRINKING
MILK AND EATING CARROTS. THE KIDS WERE GOOD ANF LET ME SLEEP IN TO 830AM. MELINA AND KIDS ARE GOING TO HER SISTERS HOUSE FOR THE PROPER EGG HUNT . I AM OFF TO WORK SOON.
HOBEY MISSED HIS CONNECTING FLIGHT IN LONDON. HE FLEW OUT THIS MORNING TO BILLUND DENMARK.
KEN

beth bennett said...

Happy Easter Ken and Melina
I am sure the children will have a fun time
glad the Easter bunny found you all!
love mom