Saturday, April 8, 2017

BLUSTERY WIND APRIL 8

I had an early walk in the morning and it was good I had not waited until later in the day.  I was pushed from behind on my journey to the store and coming home I had to struggle to keep up right and would take one foot forward and two backward.  It caused a lot of damage to trees and garbage pails and even power failure.

It was a good day when the wind blew in a parcel from Trinidad from Ranu and Lucas.

Imagine talking this long to get here and it was posted in Dec.
The perfect gift for us right now to remind us how import it is to be loving.  I am doing even more reading than ever.  Thank you for the perfect gift Ranu.

The wind also blew in Kim and our neighbor T.J. and Panteli.
What a tragic experience for Carol and Panteli to have their computer hacked.
A very smart person has taken control and is is frighting.
A lot of hard work and knowledge to regain control.
Thanks Carol and Pick for phoning to let us know.

T.J. came over to talk about cars and offers to help us in any way they can.  I will let him know that just a visit once in a while would be appreciated.

Kim was on a break from helping get ready for the grad. at her school.
She was presented with this lovely bouquet in appreciation for all her hard work.
She came back later to rest before picking up Hamlet from the airport. Great job Kim!  Fortunately I was still up to let her in.

We are looking forward to having a visit with them at Sandra and Randy's home before we look at some Senior's care places.

Dad and I were both having a low energy day and welcomed the visits.

God uses the beauty of nature, the smells of the earth, the kindness of friends and family to renew and restore our souls.  A hug is like a warm blanket always welcomed.

Even God gives Hugs!
So good to hear news from Ranu.  She has had the same bug as us.
Lucas is active in sports now playing cricket.
We send them our love with thankfulness.



1 comment:

nancy-Lou said...

We the blustery wind on Friday when we went to the city. it stirred up all the grit and salt on the roads left over from winter and I was covered in it when I got home. My eyes are still smarting.
I am glad the wind didn't topple you over Beth on your walk this morning.

Isn't that a lovely card and gift from Ranu. Now that is rather exciting to receive a Christmas gift in April isn't it?

Today was the warmest we have had since last October and it was very welcome.

I would have like to work outdoors in the yard, with our son Bob who came over to rake our yard, but I had to teach music and art...which was a lovely way to spend the afternoon with one of my favourite students. We worked on the collage painting we started last week and it is finished now. A different way to do art. We painted first, then cut out shapes of papers using newsprint and some lovely oriental papersI have. We glues them on and painted over some and then painted daisies and cut them out and glued them on, quite a process, but rewarding in the end.

Our son will come again tomorrow and rake the front yard...so I will be able to help him,

I am glad to hear that you will be looking a some retirement homes....some of our relatives have moved in to them and they love it there, once they get used to it. They are in one where all the meals are made for them too and there are so many activities.

I wish you a great evening, I am going to watch the curling now...World's mens.
Love, nancy