Monday, April 17, 2017

FRIENDS

Friends are a very important part of my life.
Becoming good friens takes time and effort.
There is a willingness to want to share all your thoughts and feelings.
The thing is we enjoy their company.
We enjoy getting to know them as real people willing to be honest and kind.

"Teach this simple truth to all.  A generous heart, kind speech, and a 
life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity."  Budda

Growing old with good friends give meanings to our lives of ongoing heath issues and loss of strength and ability.

We have learnt to over look each other's faults and laugh at our mistakes.

I was thinking about the disciples and the crushing feelings they must have felt seeing Jesus put to death.  He had become a great friend with whom they did everything together.  Suddenly they feel abandoned and their lives have lost their purpose and meaning,

He was their hero.  He made them feel alive and worthy of great deeds.  He was a true friend!

"I think a hero  is really any person who is intent on making this world a better place for all".\Maya Angelou

Their friendship one of intimacy and empowering love!

Jesus has been to me a good friend whose love and understanding have shaped me in all ways.



5 comments:

Sandra said...

I cant keep up with your blog posts, they are coming fast and furious!

I hope you had a good time yesterday and got some quality visiting in. I was a little nervous attempting this with our Randy, but I just worked slow and steady. Somethings never got made, I did not get a chance to decorate the table, but oh well.

I have not given up on my goal of making friends, may need to do a different tactic though to get me started.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Everything was perfect.
It is a little hard to do one on one.
Wonderful to see everyone.
Thanks again.
Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Friends...Well I have learned that when one faces adversity you find out who your true friends are! And they often aren't the ones you would think they would be.
Thank goodness for those few, true blue friends.

Did I tell you that I have three budgies now? I felt so sorry for the lone girl budgie that I went out and found her two males. she was so depressed, just looking in her mirror all day and now she is crazy! showing off for the boys, I guess....hanging upside down in her cage and chasing them around. they sure are cute to watch and quite noisy. they sing a lot, especially the male birds. We really like them. I have them in the living room where the television is on a lot..Carl like to sit in his chair and watch the telly. So they sing to the tv.

I do hope that Sandra can find some friends..it is so hard to do sometimes.

How are you feeling Beth? do you have more energy after the infusions? I sure hope so!

How is Larry doing?

Did you look at the retirement homes? We are on a 5 year plan here..hoping to stay in our house for at least that long. I am 72 and healthy and think I can probably stay here for 10 years. We need to have some work done though. A new roof and septic tank and septic field. Painting too.

Well it has been a long day and I am chilled. I will turn on the electric blanket and turn in with my book. It is a historical novel that takes place in the 12th century in France and England.

Have a good night,
Love Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

Sorry I missed the big event on Sunday. I could have helped Helmet with the dishes!

I find I make fewer friends as I get older. Just the way it is, I suppose.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

So good to read your comments.
No Nancy I did not know you have three budgies.
What fun.
Yes we looked at the Retirement Place and I am not sure what to do.
We will keep looking slowly.

Yes it is harder to make friends as we get older.
Our friends here help us feel cared for.

Had a visit with Linda, Mary and Scottie's daughter.
She is having a hard time finding a place to move to.
She has been a loving daughter and misses her mom especially.

I will miss her too when she moves.

Love mom