Wednesday, April 19, 2017

LEFT - OVERS

The girls were so helpful cleaning up and putting away and giving us left-overs they forgot to 
leave Sandra any.  That was a shame as she was looking forward to tasting what had been made and she was too busy to enjoy it, I think.

The birds are singing and the sun, is weak but I expect it to get stronger.

There is a race in my garden between the new growth and the weeds.
I try to keep up but mine is a slow process.
I was one of the lucky ones that the iron infusion worked for me.  I think we all have to learn to pace ourselves especially when in your head you can plan to do it all.  The inside the outside.

No walk this morning or I will not have enough energy to clean up the yard.

I keep in touch with Jane by phone she is not on the computer at all.  She will need all the help her family can give her to regain her confidence and reassurance that she is doing the right thing.

I would like to believe that doubters are welcomed in our church.  They are needed to keep us thinking and growing.  This is why I like our Bible Study as we all have different opinions about a lot of things.

Even Mother Teresa expressed feelings of emptiness but she continued to do her work!

Our interim minister has now left and our old minister will be returning.
I hope that people will not allow left-over feelings to prevent new growth.
Forgiveness and mercy and grace are needed in our church with a good dose of compassion.

Right now workers older and grayer will be organizing the yard sale.  We get a lot of people giving left-overs that they cannot use but maybe others can.  Kim is coming over today so I may not help today but there is Thursday, Friday and Saturday is the big day.  

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop."
Mother Teresa

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I checked in the freezer and did find some scalloped potatoes, but no salmon.

Dad will have to drop by to get his lemon squares, I am home on Fridays and Randy will be there digging his trench tomorrow.

I was thinking we could plan an outing once a month to drive and look at places, and then do lunch. Make it fun and when and if the time comes to move into one of them you will have a better idea of which you prefer. http://www.retirementconcepts.com/locations/waverly-seniors-village/ We could look at this one and then meet Theresa for lunch.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

isn't that always the way? The cook never gets to enjoy much of the meal! I find the same thing here. I like the left overs the next day, but often give most of them home with our sons! Both are single so they enjoy home cooking!

I am so very glad that the iron infusion worked well Beth. Prayers answered! YAY!

That is a super idea of Sandra's to combine a drive and lunch and looking at retirement homes. One needs to be prepared for when the time comes. My friends Dad recently was forced to move into a retirement home due to his age and inability to look after himself and he was very angry about it. he had to give up his driving licence as well. Lots of changes for him. But he is pretty happy with life now. his meals are made for him and he sits with three other people at a table to eat..there is lot so company and organized activities and outings. We never thought he would settle in...but he did!

The budgies are so comical to watch. There is one female ( who is the boss ) and two handsome males who sing to her....the yellow one, called Paul, is a great singer and he sang for at least two minutes straight...bobbing up and down in front of her.
After he stopped she went "sqwauk"....so he started singing again...even more this time and when he finished she went, "sqwauk". It went on for half an hour.

We were laughing and laughing at them. She would do tricks..hang upside down from the swing and climb upside down on the top of the cage...showing off. then is was Peter's turn to impress her...and on it goes. We don't know if they will have young birds...time will tell I guess! So the budgies are Peter who is Green, Paul, who is yellow and Mary who is a beautiful turquoise blue and white.

It is so sad to hear that Jane is having a difficult time. caregivers often feel guilt when having to deal with so many different emotions and problems that come with having to care for someone with Alzheimers. Sometimes I think they wait too long before they put them in a nursing home and it takes a tremendous toll on the spouse. I wish I could send her some cheer. But please tell her that I always keep her in my prayers, as I do you and Larry.
Family must be supportive for her. I hope she has some good family to help.

Oh dear, i can hear there will be division in your church with the return of the minister. As if there isn't enough problems getting people in the doors. Your words are very wise Beth and I do hope the parishoners are forgiving and compassionate.

Today is a beautiful day....the sun is shining finally and it is warming up. There was overnight frost though so it is below normal for this time of year. i hope to get Max and Bella out for a good walk later on.

I wish you a day filled with sunshine too,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Sandra You are very wise.

Dad was very tired after doing his taxes
and his feet very painful. He also had a coughing
spell last night so not too happy.

Yes we look forward to our viewings with you
and dad has had just enough left-overs so ready for fish and chips.

Peter Paul and Mary bring you lots of laughs so good Nancy.

I had best go warm up some supper in some inventive way!

Love mom