Wednesday, April 26, 2017

ANTIQUE

Somethings become more valuable as they age.
Visiting the elderly and learning a bit about their lives has been a good experience for me.
Dad drove me again today and we stopped at the M and M's store on the way home.  It is so handy to have a few meals in the frizzier.  

Our old wood end table with one wobbly leg was greeted with enthusiasm when we took it to the yard sale.

My mom had no use for antiques, she wanted modern furniture.

Our furniture has been up graded from the boards and cement blocks which made into book selves and our bedroom furniture we painted ourselves.  Later we chose maple furniture but we fell in love with this antique when we started going through antique stores.  Soon it will be time to down grade our furniture if and when we move to a new place.  I will look forward to that as our furniture may not be antique but it is looking shabby.

It was fun to have Haiti visit and go for a walk with me.  She loves going to the park and having a run around.

Our church services have not changed very much over the years.  There has been an effort to encourage participation  but the antique practices of Bible reading, prayer hymns and sermon are the foundation of spirituality that seems ageless.  
Today Ev will be picking me up for Jetlag Bible study where we discuss the meaning and purpose of our faith in our every day lives.








2 comments:

Sandra said...

Hmm, I could have sworn I put a comment on this morning. Oh well.
I was expecting you and dad to come screeching up to my work yesterday to come and get the lemon squars.
They are still in my car, I keep eating them if they are in the house.
Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Haha that is funny and it shows that those lemon squares are very popular! I must make some.

Yes our furniture is looking scruffy too after all the years we have had it. We had alot of pine furniture and still have a large pine bedroom suite.

i do have an antique tea wagon that was my Mom's and it went through the house fire and Carl restored it...but I it is tucked away in storage. also have an antique dresser with side mirrors that move...but these things are not wanted by the younger people now. I do have a large collection of blue mountain pottery too, but would like to get rid of it. it just collects dust.

good for you Beth going to the various study groups. It keep you young, I am sure, and the companionship would be so good too.

It is another day that feels like winter....we have had such a cold spring and today they forecast snow for us once again. But so far it hasn't materialized and we hope it doesn't.
We still have to wear our down jackets and toques because the wind is from the north and the temperature hovers around 0C.

I am going to make some ginger cookies this afternoon..not a good thing for me because I may sneak one or two and with Celiac Disease that isn't a good idea. but I like to bake for Carl and for friends as well.

I wish you a good day,

Love, Nancy