Saturday, April 1, 2017

TRANSITION April 1 Happy Day Randy!

       Thanks Sandra and Pentali for the visit.  Sorry I had only two small fish and I do not know how to make it multiply but I do not think you were expecting to be fed.

                                      Transition is when the music stops.
Here comes the bride expecting life to be like a romantic musical with happy songs and exciting new adventures.  Our first place we lived was in a small motel on Kingsway.  Dad was off to work our second morning and I was happy to be starting our new life together.

We did find a basement apartment to set up our home in.  It was in a nice area on Oak Street.  I kept busy shopping and making meals and walking around the area.We learn to take the bus to different areas of town all new and exciting.

We did not have much money but were able to purchase an old second hand car.  Life took on different notes as the car broke down and I was unable to go to work as I was ordered to stay in bed by the doctor because of a tubal pregnancy.  (This turned out to be a miracle!

Dad was having trouble at work.  I felt vulnerable and lonely.

This would be the beginning of many transitions.

What do you do when the music stops  and you need to find something that allows you to trust in life and become aware you are not alone but loved unconditionally so that life could become a harmony of songs once again.  I found good friends and a good church.  I found a voice that came from reading and being inspired by others.

Dad and I are now in a transition period.  In the days ahead we may need more help and at this point we need to learn to seek out that help and also good advice.

I have never been good at dancing but now I rely on my faith to guide me one step at a time.

Emotions are like the notes in a song that go up and down and I need to keep listening.  Taking time to be aware of what I am feeling and what I am being taught during my transition.

7 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, those transitions can be tricky! But we don't have any choice but to keep on keeping on.

Had my snow tires taken off my car, so I hope we truly have seen the end of winter!

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Very brave of you Rick.

Keep on keeping on!

beth bennett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beth bennett said...

Things have a way of turning out for the best.

Yes Rick you were a miracle baby!

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Transitions...I guess when one looks back at their lifetime there have been several transitions that were turning points in our lifetime. Some are easier to adapt to than others...but somehow we seem to get through them all rather unscathed. Thankfully!

Is this your anniversary, Beth? I see photos of you at a restaurant celebrating and pictures of you and Larry...a wedding photo perhaps? Lovely photo of you both. Very pretty and very handsome. You must have been quite young when you were married...just like us. these days people don't usually get married until later in life or they don't bother at all.

Well I sure am glad that Rick was a miracle baby and just look at him now!

Yes, I guess we too, will be faced with transitions in our lifetime before long too. I am trying my best to remain here in our home...but sometimes it just is overwhelming ....and I think of how much easier it would be to sell and live in an apartment.
But then again I just cannot part with my home...love each day here, love all the years of habits like feeding the birds and going for walks on the property where the Ateah Grandparents had there homestead over a hundred years ago. Love walking down the avenue where my parents had a cottage and i grew up as a "camper kid". Victoria Beach has been part of my life for over 70 years and it sure would be hard to leave. But the time will come...

I am sure you feel the same way, Beth. Nostalgic!

Well today is cabbage roll making time. I am not sure if our cabbage roll loving Granddaughter will be coming or not, but she is invited. Once I get started it all goes quite quickly. I will make some perogies as well...a real Ukrainian supper..although none of us are Ukrainian! Well, the cabbage rolls are also grape leaf rolls which are lebanese...usually made with lamb.

How is Larry doing with the cough? I see you have been getting out once again and think he may be over the worst of it. Hope so! How are you doing Beth, for strength while walking and how is you cough?

It is funny, with not being able to drive the car I want to go places and yet when it sits in the drive way, day after day, I don't want to go anywhere. Well i will walk to the library...might even walk to the store although it is a couple of miles.

Our son will take some cabbage rolls and perogies over to a fellow who is going through hard times. His Mom died recently and he hasn't been well. He is a bit of a recluse, but one of those people who can answer any questions on Jeprody....so smart.

Sooo off I go to put on the pot to start steaming the cabbage and making the filling...some meatless for our vegetarian son. Can you smell the cabbage rolls from there? mmmmmmm

I wish you a wonderful day...perhaps a walk in the park and a bike ride for Larry?

Love to you both,
Nancy

Sandra said...

I think in a way the periods of non traditions..those steady status quo times are the rarity. Those are the times that seem to stand out in my mind as little aowaysis. It if isn't health it is relationships, if it isn't relationships it is finances. The ground always seems to be shifting under our feet. I guess we should just enjoy the excitement!

While we were out having lunch with Mandi and James Randy got a call he had to work graveyards tonight. Took a lot of enjoyment out of the day for him. Instead of doing some shopping in Vancouver we just came home.

Tomorrow will be grocery day since pretty soon I should have everything back in my kitchen and no excuses not to be cooking. Though I was just moaning to Randy that he will be leaving and that means I will have to feed my self.

Sandra

larry bennett said...

Yes dad and I love cabbage rolls.

Dad is still coughing a bit like he was doing
when Sandra was here. He rode his indoor bike
and talked to
carol on the phone when I was walking.

Love beth