Sunday, August 2, 2009

THE CHALLENGE

This is outside as I try to catch the moonlight on my garden. My pictures are not that good but I am trying to espress the childlike wonder that has never left me. I tune out critical words; even spoken by great people who think they have catured God, the One who is beyond us and yet we are in the process of discovering Him within us. We are all beginners and our pictures change as a little more truth seeps into our souls!
My moon is not as good as dad can take but there is something about the light it gives that fills me with awe.

This is the big church where my little feet climbed up holding mom's hand. A church full of grand music and many people. It was war time and people need a faith to hang on to and a community to share their sorows and joys.
My dream came true when I got to sing in the huge choir. If some one had said angels are singing along with you that eould be totally believiable.


As a young mother I had my hands full but our family would not be complete untill Kenny arrives. They were serious, they were disobient, they were a worry, they were silly, they were healthy and they had accidents which by the grace of God they survived. They were our greatest joy and happiness






Dad as a young father with loving arms aware that he has a greater responsiblility to provide and to protect the baby so tiny and so perfect.




This is Mary watching me write wanting to know what I am writing and why.





Children have many questions and love to look closely at bugs and stones and sea shells and clouds and animals etc. and want to know all about them. As adults we walk on bye stepping on what is precious to them. As a child who lived on the prairie I would have loved to take home all the sea shells I could gather in my pail. This is a picture of Carol as I try to recapture through her what I had felt and known as a child.






The challenge is to discover the radiant light that shines in our darkness; especially in the darkness that allows pain to touch our lives. One can experience a presence when all our defenses are down and we become truly humble.

I like the thought Rick that God is the perfect essence of the mystery of the universe--approachable in the teachings of Jesus. The Jewish mystics teach that we are carrying within our souls the mystery of a very soft light that has the power to become strong enough to guide us and enlighten us.




In my dream I felt was heaven there was beauty, happy people and there was music. Music expresses words with much greater emotion and passion than any words can expressed. I wanted so much to take a picture of all that I was seeing, and I believe I will see again. Some dreams are so very real you do not even know you are dreaming while other dreams I have been able to change what was happening.

No comments: