Friday, August 14, 2009

THE MONKEY TREE

Do you remember the monkey tree on the way to Ladner. Grannie stayed at that home for awhile. They are an odd looking tree. I am going to take pictures of trees but I will start with this one. It is very big and impressive!
Certainly not a tree for climbing
Dad has been watching gold I had a long sleep and am trying to catch up on my reading. I made corn meal muffins and darn it all I over cooked them again but I am eating them with lots of jam. Now I feel sick cause I ate too many,
Dad has now gone down to see about my phone. The battery is not recharging. I have very bad luck with cell phones.
To-morrow we may drive to Abbobsfort {?] to see a car. I may drop off a meal at Carolyn's on the way home. It would just be a short visit she is suppose to rest but all went well with her test. I feel tired out just praying for her.
The call to prayer has been very real to me and is apart of who I am. It is my call to be spiritually dependable and fully obedient. How they are answered is not up to me but somehow they flow out into the Universe and there is always an answer.
I am sure my parents prayed but very privately.
"We are not different from our ancestors, they are still here, coded inside us.
They are, I believe cheering us on." ---Christina Baldwin
The hick-ups have come early so off I go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes - I remember that monkey tree where Grannie stayed. Actually, you don't see many of those monkey trees anymore.

Love,

Rick