Saturday, August 29, 2009

SOUNDS

Our little pond gently flowing over the rocks in our back yard.
Children having fun the sound of summer




Each season seems to have sounds of its own that add to the enjoyment of life.

We enjoy listening to our water flowing in our pond outside as we sit and enjoy being lazy. Summer is a time when it is okay to just sit and enjoy nature, a good book, or a walk in the forest. I love to hear the children laughing and playing and if I walk over to the park I can usually see them chasing balls and running up and down the slides.

Across the street I hear the rythem of the basketball being thrown up and bouncing down again and again. I enjoyed playing basketball at school and remember well the time I had the famous break-away and scored in the wrong basket. It is funny the things you remember.

Different neighbors have been getting ready and driving away for holidays. I see them making many trips in and out of the house getting ready. Then at the last minute rounding up the children and putting them aboard. I have felt very content being at home this summer. Sometimes I get fed up with my garden it seems to need constant care. My vegtables were not a great success but next year I will do better.

I dig around my flowers and up pops a little worm very annoyed at me disturbing him or her. I look up and see a little butterfly fliting by and I hope it finds the garden we call the butterfly garden.

Every time I hear a police siren or the fire truck siren I wonder what has happened to spoil some ones day. I have gotten use to the noise in some ways but in other ways I always feel distrurbed. I am reminded once again of what is of most value in life and how often it is the small things in life that gives us contentment.

Summer brings the distruction of forests and homes by the awful powerful force of fire; out of control. It must be a horrendous sound that fills the air with smoke and creates it's own wind. The firefighters are courageous as they fight to save our natural world.

I am so thankful for the brave souls in our midst that fight many battles. For some it is a battle against sickness or poverty or feeling lost or worried about some one in the family. We all will have our battles and the good thing is that we all will have our victories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog mom, very calm and peaceful.
Sandra