Saturday, August 1, 2009

MY OLD HOUSE BACK IN SASKATOON

THIS WAS TAKEN IN ABOUT 1980 0r 85
I open my card with very special loving words from Melina @ Ken. And a book about gramma's from Jessie and Matthew. "Gramma's delight in hearing babies breathe over the phone! Grans are good at sitting on the floor but have a hard time getting up!

We both have low but my heart rate is fast. So I am eating more salt and drinking more water.


I talk her into getting her blood checked with me.



Sandra poses as she listens to dad and I talk on the phone to Ken in Melbourne. She looks like she might need that course in behavour managment at Colledge.




A sunny day but hopefully not so warm


I am doing the watering
Dad on the front porch trying out my new honey. Honey @ Cinamon; Honey @ Rasberry




Thanks Mary and Michael John for the pictures of my old house. See your trip in pictures has been awesome! We looked at the pictures the wedding photographer took and she certainly catured the spirit of the day which was joyous and memorable. Your mom wrote a beautiful speech which should have been read but it was just too emotional for her. The whole time you spent with us just went so fast but I am so glad we had that time with you and Michael John. Now I am trying to find pictures of my old house from ten years ago but just cannot find it. We never had big trees out front and the door was so different. Many a night I sat on the front steps dreaming of things I would like to do and be. There was a neighborhood cat that often came to visit and I longed for a cat or a dog but dad was ellergic.


Carol is off to Chilliwack to help Theresa with a garage sale. I would like to go but it is a long drive for us oldies.


The importance of inner truth. Holliness is not so much about what we think the truth of God may be but it is about discoving the truth within ourselves. This will take a lifetime. It challenges us to unclutter our minds and take time to meditate on the reasons we often go through the same problems time and time again. I have to learn to be both sensitive and tough.

"Everyday Holiness"


Jesus has created a path that illustrates both.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you know how to read that blood pressure machine properly?

Lots of good pictures.

I look forward to trying the new kinds of honey at some point.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope the police dont check your blog mom or for sure after they see that picture of me they would arrest me just on principle.
Your house sure was different with out all of the trees. Talked to Mary and MJ, they will arive at their empty apartment tommorrow I think they said.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

yep thats right we arrive in Kingston tomorrow. The house sure does look different than it does now. I like it better in the 80's. I hope all is well with you and grampa, we are thinking about you two more often than you realize.
P.S. I think I left a pair of stinky old runners at your place, if grampa doesnt want them, feel free to donate them!
Love you gramma,

Mike and Mary