Saturday, August 15, 2009

THE WORD

This tree is old and scared. But it is standing tall and strong.
This little weed has been growing and actually is beautiful but I did not capture it's beauty.

I quoted Paul so I must give Jesus a chance to say a word. I am sure we have all heard that we are to "Love your neighbor as yourself." Another way of saying it would be you cannot real love others if you do not love yourself.

There are many days I feel very unloveable. I am in the process of learning to love myself by accepting the good and the bad. I get frustrated when things go wrong. I was looking for a special receipe among a ton of books and finally found it but as I started putting things away it got lost. I have lost it completely but I know it must be there somewhere. It is a vegtable dish which I think we need to eat more of, it is simple and I can quickly go get the vegtbles at the store. I guess I will take one more look today.

How do I love myself? I need to know what makes me happy or sad; and why.
What makes me afraid? what makes me feel insecure? what drains the energy out of me?

"Sometimes it is necessary to reteach a thing its loveliness" --twenty-century poet Galaway Kinwell.

Sometimes it is not taking things too seriously and thinking I have to respond.
Some words are important for us to hear, to pause and give thought to them, but do not let them grab your soul and bind it with negative feelings. I have the choice to let thoughts flow through me or stagnate within me. We all look at life so differently and we all want to do it our way.

Life is just an illusion that tricks us and tries to push us down. We are meant to be like the weeds not the gentle flowers that fade so fast. We are to keep growing even through the hard ground and even when it is difficult. We are to become like the trees with their many years of growth making them stong and tall and beautiful.

No comments: