Tuesday, August 11, 2009

YESTERDAY WAS VERY RAINY OUTSIDE.

Inside the fireplace and candles brighten up our home while outside the rain is pouring down. It is a good thing we need the rain.
The water pouring out of our drainpipe.

I will have to get used to walking in the rain.


I think I was the only one out taking pictures.



It rained very hard yesterdat but I did manage a walk down to Chapters. Yes, I did buy a few books but two were on sale and one I am returning because I thought it was the next in the series byt actually was the first one.
we met Cathy and Glenn and had a hilarious visit at Starbucks. I told them I had been sent on a mission to get the dog whisper to help me find out why I attract certain people into my life. I convinced Cathy it was not about her. She came into my life when I really needed some one just like her.

Talked to the young honnyies on the phone; what a fantastic time they are having. I remember my first days of married life as very rainy and foggy and very difficult trying to find my way around Vancouver on the bus looking for work. Yes, I did get a job but fate had other plans for me. I was told to stay in bed and rest; which I did except when I staggered to the bathroom with morning sickness.

If I compare this with some of the tragic happenies going on in the world I think I was blessed; only it just did not seem like it. The rain was depressing, and it was also foggy, very depressing and the days long and lonely. I was so happy when we got our little dog Dusty. I had always wanted a dog and now I finally had one.

Now today I have to see the doctor about my colon. I have to remember when my kids were born and when I had certain parts of me taken out. It is all a blurr. Anyway we will eat out after, I think. Then I can come home and read. The garden certainly does not need watering.

I have fallen in love with another Jewish writer. Today I am reading about the inner life of the soul. I am in the process of becoming an "extraordinary" ordinary person. God created us with a little part of our soul missing and we are to discover what is needed to make us complete or whole or holy. It simply means becoming a decent human being and learning to live with the people we share our daily lives with. It means a call to service and to fulfill our potential to becoming kinder and gentler beings.

I was thinking this morning as I wake up as usual at 6 that I would not want to live with someone just like me. I am thankful dad sleeps in and I have this quiet time and get to use the computer first.

"My task, according to this chapter, is to fill myself up with wisdom and knowledge until I brim over and the overflow spills out of me unto others."
It is good I have books to read to guide me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I like haveing the morning to my self too, makes it so you can face the rest of the day.
So you talked to Mary and MJ? I did not call today as I thought they needed a break from me. Randy is off to see Dr Nolte today, what doctor do you see?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I went to see Dr. Ed Chang a Gastrointestinal endoscopy. I will have my colon test on Aug. 27 as he had a cancellation, so I am glad I can just get it over with.
He is a nice young fellow.

We looked at a car after then took Jonny back to the library and picked up a book I had ordered. Actually I was in no hurry for it cause I have a lot to read. Mom

Anonymous said...

".. God created us with a little part of our soul missing ... ".

I think that is kind of right. Or, put another way, we emerge out of the god shape into the particularity of life, yet, in a way, always long for reunion with it. At the same time, we can give up our own life, our own unique perch in the physical world.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

oops ... should be "we can not give up ..."

Rick