Monday, August 24, 2009

MOST PEOPLE PASS BY

TOO BUSY, NOT INTERESTED, JUDGMENTAL AND CRITICAL OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO NEED RELIGION BECAUSE THEY ARE WEAK OR BRAINWASHED.
THE OPEN ROAD SEEMS MORE INVITING AND FULL OF ADVENTURE. AFTER ALL CHURCH PEOPLE ARE DULL AND BORING. ANY YES THAT CAN BE TRUE.

WHAT A SURPRISE TO HAVE A SHORT VISIT FROM THERESA AND MIKIES. MORGAN AND BEN.
THEY ARE ANXIOUS TO GET TO THE PICNIC AND HAVE SOME FUN!
There is a Jewish teaching that the soul is like a rare and valuable coin that can become tarnished and lose its luster without proper care. And when our soul--our true self--shines we are happy. We are just ordinary people who go to church every Sunday and we have all the same problems as other people. We experience sadness and confusion. We can feel lost and alone but coming in touch with dear friends week by week; sharing our lives, and in the process discovering who we really are and how we are truly one with God.
When I visit at the nursing home I would like to spend more time with people and yet I know for the short time I am there we enjoy each other. Each week we share a deeper level of relationship and I am welcomed with love. I have learned to make my simple, ordinary life interesting and that stirs up memories in them. Every week Audrey asks me how old I am and how long I have been visiting and why I do not like cooking. She tells me how much she enjoyed it. We share our love of family and often I take along a story to read.
People passing by the rooms with very sick elderly people will never learn the story of their lives. Even when we do not talk much their eyes tell me they are glad to have me there.
Jesus has promised to never leave us so I leave the door to my heart open.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are taking care of yourself. No Gluten grandma! Not even a little. Your body shouldnt have to work a 100 times harder than it needs too. Use your energy for the things you love to do like walking, writing and taking pictures. Dont waist your energy on digestion. We all get down. I get down when i have been exposed to gluten. It lasts for days. Yesterday I was sooooo exghausted.

i hope your colonoscopy goes well.

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Hi Theresa, I had stuff in the cupborad I could have offered to. I just forgot,

I am trying to do my best and especially when I see the results that I always blamed on me being me.

I hope you are better today.

We had a love barbecus with our book group. I made a vegetarian dish which everyone liked. I any doing eating chicked and beef become I am every fraid tooth my tooth break again again.

Edna feed pavoloia white egg white and peaches it was ummuy.

It was good to see you kids, both the little and the bigger ones.

I am taking it easy this week so doing a little of reading and a bit of walking and gardening.

Hope you are feeling better together. I know you are not looking forward to the cranky guy but maybe he is brillant. Thanks for reminding me to do better,
Love gramma